The Mattress & Sleep Company is committed to reducing emissions, recycling wherever possible and ultimately lowering the impact our business has on the environment.
- All paper and cardboard is recycled.
- We reuse as much packaging as possible. For example, many of our Internet Orders are sent in the original product packaging if it is sturdy enough, or we may combine several of your items into larger boxes which may have already been used before. Although not as pretty as using brand new boxes, we save a significant amount of cardboard this way. Brand new cardboard boxes are only used when necessary or on request from the customer.
- All beverage containers (pop cans, milk cartons) are recycled.
- Our envelopes are made from 100% FSC certified paper.
- The thermal paper used in our debit/credit terminal is certified BPA-free.
- Old price tags are given a second life as notebook paper. After this second life they are subsequently recycled.
- We have removed all back-lit Manufacturer's signs from our showroom to save energy.
- Printer cartridges are sent to a refurbishing facility where they are cleaned, refilled and resold.
- Printer cartridges purchased for use are only the recycled variety mentioned above.
- Most printing jobs are at lower resolution to use less ink.
- All computers and printers are turned off at night.
- Our computers are assembled from components which are RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive) compliant.
- 100% of the lighting used in-store are CFL's. Our outdoor signs are ultra-efficient LED's.
- 95% of our interior lights are turned off at night.
- Mattress bags are retained and reused to package display models once sold. This avoids using new bags off the roll.
- Our selection of eco-friendly sleep products is one of the largest in North America.
- Our certified organic mattresses do not off gas and contribute to higher indoor air quality.
- The bedding products we offer from Natura with cardboard packaging are printed with vegetable based dyes, use recycled paper or cardboard or FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) Certified paper.
- The bedding products we offer from Natura which are packaged in plastic all employ a special biodegradable plastic.
- Many of our high quality products simply last longer than low quality products, reducing overall landfill waste.
- Mattresses we remove on delivery are responsibly recycled.
- Our house brand pet beds are made from scraps of cotton and wool left over from our mattress production.