Green Sleep In-Stock Clearance Select in-stock (Calgary) clearance models are available. Please see our in-store clearance list PDF for currently available clearance items.
(On Display in Calgary) or
Buy Securely Online (Delivery included to most locations across Canada)
Ergo Concept Nine is the North American version of the original European Green Sleep mattress. A unique centre layer is split into three individual plates of natural rubber. This core may be arranged with a soft, medium or firm plate of rubber to achieve perfect ergonomic alignment for virtually any body type or sleeping position.
The most common configurations are a soft plate for the shoulders, and medium plate for the hips, or a medium zone for the shoulders and a softer zone for the hips. A firm plate is also included, although usually this is located at the foot end of the bed. The firm layer could be used for the shoulder or hip zone, however most body types and sleeping positions would not require such a firm latex in these areas.
North Malaysia 600 is Green Sleep's own exclusive proprietary process. Green Sleep's Natural Rubber cores are derived from their very own tree farm. These trees have been bud grafted to create the North Malaysia 600 seed which in turn produces the purest most elastic rubber on the planet. No latex or synthetic fillers are added to core production.
A side-long view of the Ergo Concept. The bottom 2" layer is always firm, while the top 3" layer is always extra soft. The central ergonomic layer is split into three zones, each of which may be soft, medium or firm for precise, targeted support and pressure relief.
The result? Firm where you need it, and soft where you want it.
Green Sleep employs a fabulous cotton velour ticking to finish off the mattress. The cotton is hand picked, and organic. This cover is then lined with layers of pH neutral Texel wool, to create a fully breathable mattress capable of wicking away moisture and providing temperature regulated sleep.
Green Sleep Ergo Nine Product Details
- Mattress layers (from top to bottom):
- 100% Organic Cotton Velour Cover
- 100% pure sheep's wool from Texel island in The Netherlands
(1,225 grams per square metre / 36 ounces per square yard)
- Texel sheep's wool is pH balanced (pH 7) - skin friendly for sensitive individuals
- 100% natural wool fire barrier (no chemical flame retardants)
- 9" 100% natural rubber tree latex:
- 3" Extra Soft Rubber (top)
- 4" Custom Rubber Cores (your choice of soft, medium or firm for each half of bed)
- 2" Firm Rubber (bottom)
- 100% Organic Cotton bottom cover
- Zero styrene-butadiene (synthetic latex) content
- Additional rubber plates available for purchase
- Made in Canada
Your Green Sleep mattress is suggested to match with a high quality foundation such as the Green Sleep S-100 or S-300. Alternatively, the Berkeley Ergonomics standard slat and suspension slat are popular choices.
If you're placing this mattress on a platform style bed, please read our platform bed guide to ensure the support system is appropriate.
Mattress & Foundation Heights
- Mattress Depth: 9 ½" | 24 cm
- Green Sleep S-100 Foundation: 8" | 20 cm or 15" | 38 cm with legs installed
- Green Sleep S-300 Foundation: 6 ½" | 17 cm or 14 ½" 37 cm with legs installed
Availability & Delivery Estimates
Typically stocked in Twin XL, Queen and King. When sold out or for other sizes, please allow 3-5 weeks for delivery. Delivery times vary based on production capacity, availability of raw materials and shipping distance from Nicolet, QC.
Delivery Costs & Shipping Information
This item automatically qualifies for free delivery nearly anywhere in Canada. Deliveries in the Calgary & Edmonton metropolitan areas include complimentary placement and in-home setup at no additional charge. Deliveries to other locations are to your front door or a freight depot if you are remotely located.
For more delivery options please visit our large item delivery page or call Toll-Free on 1-877-750-1212.
Green Sleep Certificates
- Latex (Sri Lanka - Solid Core Pillows)
- Latex (Malaysia - Mattresses)
- Cotton (Supplier 1)
- Cotton (Supplier 2)
- Coconut Fibre
Customization & Assembly
Many of our mattresses require some basic assembly when they arrive to you. If we're delivering locally where we have a showroom, this work is performed by our delivery teams. If we're shipping elsewhere, this assembly procedure is something you'll want to be prepared for, although the actual process of assembly is very straight forward.
There are six significant benefits to having a mattress which is delivered in smaller pieces:
- Instead of moving a large, awkward mattress in one giant piece weighing as much as 300 lbs, instead the mattress arrives in a few boxes which are much smaller and easy to handle.
- The mattress will easily find it's way up tight staircases. We often deliver king mattresses into spaces where a regular king simply wouldn't fit.
- Many of our mattress models may be customized with different firmness options for each sleeping partner. By having a mattress made with separate components, we're able to fine tune the comfort to a very precise degree of success.
- If your comfort or support needs change in the future, you can either re-arrange the components already in your mattress, or we can replace them with different components offering different comfort and support characteristics.
- Thorough maintenance: Only by accessing the inner support layers of the mattress and flipping these layers can we truly maintain the mattress correctly over many years. Rotating a traditional mattress merely helps the top comfort layers settle more evenly, where-as flipping the support layers actually revitalizes the entire mattress.
- Individual layers may be replaced should they prematurely wear out before other mattress components. Also, no more guessing about where the wear and tear are taking place in your mattress. By taking the mattress apart, we can isolate the problematic component to easily solve common mattress wear issues.
The Sleep Sound Guarantee®
You can sleep soundly knowing that every product purchased from The Mattress & Sleep Company is brand new and has never been used or slept on. Mattresses, bedding and towels are personal use items and we believe you deserve to be assured these products are new.