(On Display in Calgary & Edmonton) or
Buy Securely Online (Delivery included to most locations across Canada)
The most luxurious model in the Berkeley Ergonomics pocket coil collection, the Cairo offers a weightless sleep experience. This is achieved by combining intelligent components, including 3,112 queen pocket coils (4,018 coils in a king mattress), with layers of organic wool, camel hair, 100% natural Talalay latex and of course the unique European suspension foundation.
The unique layering of the Cairo mattress allows us to keep the highly responsive steel springs as close to the surface as possible for maximum support in a very comfortable mattress. While we do not expressly believe in a 'one size fits all mattress' the Cairo is the closest thing to it that we have ever been able to offer. This has made the Cairo a best seller for our stores for years.
Unique to the Cairo mattress, camel hair is quilted directly beneath the outer organic cotton shell. Subjected to a climate which can be boiling hot during the day, and freezing cold at night, camel hair regulates temperature and humidity better than any other natural material.
To achieve the weightless feel in the Cairo mattress, Berkeley combines layer-upon-layer of hand crafted goodness, alternating between European pocket coils and Talalay latex. The result is pure luxury, and one of the most comfortable mattresses available today at any price point.
- Layers from top to bottom:
- 100% Organic Cotton outer fabric
- 100% Organic Camel Hair fibre
- 100% Organic French sheep's wool (camel & sheep's wool quilted to outer ticking)
- Swedish micro pocket coils
- 3/4" Soft 100% Natural Talalay latex
- Manufactured by Radium Foam BV in The Netherlands
- European mini pocket coils
- 1" Soft 100% Natural Talalay latex
- Manufactured by Radium Foam BV in The Netherlands
- Swedish honeycomb nested pocket coils - steel, wrapped in polypropylene; a high performance, durable, breathable, moisture-wicking, non-toxic fabric
- Coil Counts:
- 3,112 Queen Size
- 4,018 King Size
- Zippered, removable outer cover
- Zero synthetic flame retardants
- Made in California, USA
|Cairo Mattress Height||11"||28 cm|
|Standard Foundation Heights||4" | 7" | 9"||10 | 18 | 23 cm|
|Suspension Foundation Heights||4" | 6 ½" | 9"||10 | 16.5 | 23 cm|
Also available for platform beds in a 2 ⅜" (6 cm) variant
Estimated Delivery, Shipping Costs & Availability
Queen and King size normally stocked in Calgary & Edmonton. For other sizes or when sold out, please allow approximately 3-5 weeks for delivery. Shipping and handing are included at no extra cost to most locations across Canada. Full in-home placement and setup are complimentary in the Calgary and Edmonton areas.
Berkeley Ergonomics Certificates
- Radium Vita Talalay latex (the type of latex found in all Berkeley Ergonomics mattresses and pillows) is Cradle to Cradle Gold Certified
- C2C certification is a review of the following areas:
- Material Health (Knowing the chemical ingredients of every material in a product, and optimizing towards safer materials - identify material as organic or synthetic)
- Material Re-utilization (Designing products made with materials that come from and can safely return to nature or industry)
- Renewable Energy & Carbon Management (Envisioning a future in which all manufacturing is powered by 100% clean renewable energy)
- Water Stewardship (Manage clean water as a precious resource and an essential human right)
- Social Fairness (Design operations to honour all people and natural systems affected by the creation, use, disposal or reuse of a product)
- More Information
- Certificate Link
- All textile components are Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 certified
- Organic Cotton knit: 93.0.3463
- Organic French Wool: 95.0.2251
- Backing materials: 94.0.7467
- Vita Talalay latex: 30007 - Class I, safe for babies (most competing Talalay is Class II or IV)
- Polypropylene spring fabric(s): 64930, 10.0.77270 & 10.0.81778
We recommend a sturdy, well-ventilated slat foundation for all mattresses. Berkeley Ergonomics offer three choices, in addition to any Green Sleep, Sleeptek or Vispring foundation. The best bases are active suspensions (such as the Berkeley Suspension, or Green Sleep and Vispring bases).
Suspension foundations are superior to rigid bases as they absorb energy, reducing pressure points while also providing for greatly improved ergonomic alignment and support.
Berkeley also offer a 2 ⅜" slat frame which will fit in most platform beds, allowing you to benefit from the suspension slats and their enhanced ergonomics when a platform bed would not normally fit a box spring.
For those looking to have an electric adjustable bed without sacrificing air circulation or support,
All wood used in these three foundations comes from sustainable PEFC and FSC certified sources in Canada and Germany.
About Vita Talalay
Berkeley Ergonomics feature Vita Talalay, made by Radium Foam BV in The Netherlands. Watch the video below to see the significant difference in air flow when compared to a well known memory foam and a typical commodity-type latex.
Rotate the mattress once or twice per year. Always use a protective mattress cover made of breathable natural materials. Ensure the mattress is supported by an adequate foundation which is slatted and breathable. The matching Berkeley foundations are recommended!
The Sleep Sound Guarantee®
You can sleep soundly knowing that every product purchased from The Mattress & Sleep Company is brand new and has never been used or slept on. Mattresses, bedding and towels are personal use items and we believe you deserve to be assured these products are new.