Availability: In-Store Only (On Display in Calgary & Edmonton) - Not Available for Purchase Online
The Berkeley Ergonomics standard slat base is the perfect economical solution when budget doesn't allow for the investment in a suspension foundation. Made from Canadian timber and wrapped in organic cotton and Plein-Air French wool, this foundation meets the stringent California 16 CFR 1633 flame retardancy requirement without any chemical treatments. Slatted wood ensures proper air circulation, which is especially important for foam mattresses.
In addition to budgetary requirements, this foundation is also our recommended base option beneath Tempur-Pedic mattresses, or similar memory foam beds. The construction is far superior to the standard base included with Tempur-Pedic or similar mattresses, and the cost is often very comparable.
- 100% organic cotton outer fabric
- 100% Plein-Air French wool quilted to inside of outer fabric
- Plein-Air - These sheep live outdoors year-round
- Produces a more curly, longer fibre
- Superior to mechanically crimped wool, does not matte down as easily
- Canadian spruce slatted frame
- Properly spaced slats for adequate air circulation and ventilation
- Extremely sturdy, far exceeds the quality of mass produced foundations
- Wrapped in certified organic cotton and certified organic French wool
- Available in four heights
- 2" - As a replacement in platform style beds where there are no provided slats or the existing slats are of inferior quality
- 4" - Low profile
- 7" - Standard profile
- 9" - Extra high profile. This height incurs a surcharge
- Meets all flame retardant requirements without any synthetic treatments
- Free of harmful chemicals - no flame retardant, formaldehyde or PBDE's
- Made in California, USA
|Standard Foundation Heights||2" | 4" | 7" | 9"||5 | 10 | 18 | 23 cm|
Estimated Delivery, Shipping Costs & Availability
Twin/Single 7", Twin XL 7", Double/Full 7", Queen 7" and King 7" (pair of twin XL) are regularly stocked in both our Calgary and Edmonton locations.
All foundations ordered on their own will incur a delivery surcharge. If ordered with a mattress, the delivery surcharge is waived. This item is available for delivery across Canada, however we must special order a boxed version to ship safely to end customers. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery outside of Calgary-Edmonton, when sold out or for sizes not regularly stocked.