(On Display in Calgary & Edmonton) or
Buy Securely Online
The most incredible wool filled duvet in the world.
Filled with the finest wool of Europe, the Camargue duvet is a truly phenomenal wool duvet. Avilable in three fill weights to suit different preferences, climates and bedroom temperatures. Most Canadians will be well-served by the 300 gsm all-season weight if using year-round in a heated bedroom in winter (20°C or more)/ air conditioned homes with year-round use. Or by the 500 gsm winter version for cooler bedrooms. For strict summer use or those of us that closely resemble furnaces, we would recommend the 150 gsm.
Unlike typical wools, Mérinos d’Arles Antiques® is not mechanically crimped. This superior wool is naturally crimped. Mérinos d’Arles Antiques® is unique as the micron size of the fibres is comparable
to that of cashmere. Most merino sheep's wool is approximately 24 μm, where-as Mérinos d’Arles Antiques® is approximately 17-19 μm. Fine cashmere is between 15-19 μm. The lower the number, the finer the fibre is.
This unique wool dates back to the Louis XVI days in France, Merino sheep were imported and cross bred with the sheep in France which are known for their exceptionally curly fleece. Remarkably the qualities of the fineness and the curliness were retained, producing a very unique, resilient and springy Merino wool. Over the passage of time and due to the wars that France had been through, the qualities of this special wool were lost as sheep were bred to produce higher yields of wool. It was several decades ago that the owners of Brun de Vian Tiran were searching for this special wool in France, they had surveyed over 1,000 sheep farms in France, remarkably only finding the wool at 1 farm. These sheep still had the original blood lines of this special Merino wool intact, a piece of Frances culture and history, just as much as Brun de Vian Tiran themselves are. These sheep have since been bred and multiplied into around 3500 today which produce exlusively for Brun de Vian Tiran. The finest wool in the whole of Europe with remarkable resilience and natural curliness without mechanical crimping make this a very special wool.
This is easily the most luxurious wool duvet available today. The Mattress & Sleep Company has never encountered anything even moderately comparable.
- 100% Mérinos d’Arles Antique® wool
- Antique Merino is the absolute finest sheep's wool fibre, with a micron size comparable to cashmere
- This special wool fibre is produced exclusively for Brun de Vian-Tiran
- Origin of the fibre: France
- Fill weights & recommended use
- 150 grams per square metre (4.4 ounces per square yard) - Summer & Warm Bedrooms
- 300 grams per square metre (8.8 ounces per square yard) - Year-Round in Cooler Bedrooms
- 500 grams per square metre (14.7 ounces per square yard) - Winter & Non-Heated Spaces (Special Order Only)
- Cover: 100% cotton percale, 91 yarns per square cm (approx 587 strand count)
- Textile de France
- Fully made in France: spinning, weaving, dyeing and finishing
Estimated Delivery, Shipping Costs & Availability
This duvet is almost always in stock in both Calgary and Edmonton in queen and king, 150 gsm (summer), 300 gsm (all season) and 500 gsm (winter) for immediate pick up / fast delivery. When sold out, please allow approximately 4-6 weeks for delivery from France. This item qualifies for free delivery across Canada.