Availability: In-Store (Special Order | Delivered Locally in Calgary & Edmonton Areas Only)
The Kangaroo children's mattress is perfect for parents seeking a healthy, affordable choice for their little ones. Made with the same ingredients found in all Berkeley Ergonomic mattresses, rest assured your child is sleeping on a mattress free of chemicals, flame retardants and PBDE's. We use 100% Plein-Air sheep's wool from France as an all-natural fire barrier, with the added benefit of exceptional breathability and temperature regulation.
At the base of the mattress is a layer of German-made individually wrapped pocket coils. This spring system provides perfect ergonomics for children and will provide great support all the way into their teens and early twenties.
Handcrafted one at a time, made from entirely European-sourced components and free of harmful materials. What's not to like?
- Layers from top to bottom:
- 100% Organic Cotton outer fabric
- 100% Plein-Air French wool quilted to inside of outer fabric
- Plein-Air - These sheep live outdoors year-round
- Produces a more curly, longer fibre
- Superior to mechanically crimped wool, does not matte down as easily
- German parallel pocket coils - steel, wrapped in polypropylene; a high performance, durable, breathable, moisture-wicking, non-toxic fabric
- Coil Counts:
- 512 Twin Size
- 775 Queen Size (not available - just for illustration)
- 1,076 King Size (not available - just for illustration)
- Zero synthetic flame retardants
- Made without any foam or latex
- Made in California, USA
Estimated Delivery, Shipping Costs & Availability
Kangaroo is not regularly stocked. Please allow approximately 3-5 weeks for delivery. Full in-home placement and setup are complimentary in the Calgary and Edmonton areas. This mattress is not eligible for shipping outside of the Calgary & Edmonton areas.
|Kangaroo Mattress Height||6 ½"||16.5 cm|
|Standard Foundation Heights||2 ½" 1 | 4" | 7" | 8 ½" 2||6 1 | 10 | 18 | 21.5 cm 2|
|Suspension Foundation Heights||2 ⅜" 1 | 4" | 6 ½" | 8 ½" 2||6 1 | 10 | 16.5 | 21.5 cm 2|
1 - 6 cm ultra low profile slat options are designed for platform style beds which do not normally accommodate a standard box spring or foundation.
2 - 8 ½" / 21.5 cm foundations may incur a surcharge. Call 1-877-750-1212 or visit for more details.
If ordering online, rest assured The Mattress & Sleep Co. will follow up with you to select your foundation height.
Berkeley Ergonomics Certificates
- Radium Vita Talalay latex (the type of latex found in all Berkeley Ergonomics mattresses and pillows) is Cradle to Cradle Gold Certified
- C2C certification is a review of the following areas:
- Material Health (Knowing the chemical ingredients of every material in a product, and optimizing towards safer materials - identify material as organic or synthetic)
- Material Re-utilization (Designing products made with materials that come from and can safely return to nature or industry)
- Renewable Energy & Carbon Management (Envisioning a future in which all manufacturing is powered by 100% clean renewable energy)
- Water Stewardship (Manage clean water as a precious resource and an essential human right)
- Social Fairness (Design operations to honour all people and natural systems affected by the creation, use, disposal or reuse of a product)
- More Information
- Certificate Link
- All textile components are Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 certified
- Cotton knit: 93.0.3463
- French Wool: 95.0.2251
- Backing materials: 94.0.7467
- Vita Talalay latex: 30007 - Class I, safe for babies (most competing Talalay is Class II or IV)
- Polypropylene spring fabric(s): 64930, 10.0.77270 & 10.0.81778
We recommend a sturdy, well-ventilated slat foundation for all mattresses. Berkeley Ergonomics offer three choices, in addition to any Green Sleep, Sleeptek or Vispring foundation. The best bases are active suspensions (such as the Berkeley Suspension, or Green Sleep and Vispring bases).
Suspension foundations are superior to rigid bases as they absorb energy, reducing pressure points while also providing for greatly improved ergonomic alignment and support.
Berkeley also offer a 2 ⅜" slat frame which will fit in most platform beds, allowing you to benefit from the suspension slats and their enhanced ergonomics when a platform bed would not normally fit a box spring.
For those looking to have an electric adjustable bed without sacrificing air circulation or support,
All wood used in these three foundations comes from sustainable PEFC and FSC certified sources in Canada and Germany.
About Vita Talalay
Berkeley Ergonomics feature Vita Talalay, made by Radium Foam BV in The Netherlands. This pair of videos demonstrate just how superior Vita Talalay is when compared to other foam types, including other latex varieties.
Rotate the mattress once or twice per year. Always use a protective mattress cover made of breathable natural materials. Ensure the mattress is supported by an adequate foundation which is slatted and breathable. The matching Berkeley foundations are recommended!
The Sleep Sound Guarantee®
You can sleep soundly knowing that every product purchased from The Mattress & Sleep Company is brand new and has never been used or slept on. Mattresses, bedding and towels are personal use items and we believe you deserve to be assured these products are new.