(On Display in Calgary & Edmonton) or
Buy Securely Online
(Medium Layer on Top)
(Firm Layer on Top)
The Fundy provides optimum support and comfort for toddlers and children up to the age of 15, or to a maximum weight of 150 lbs. Obasan kids’ mattresses use only breathable materials including moisture wicking wool for perfect temperature control. Children who sleep on an Obasan mattress will stay cozy and dry throughout the night.
The Fundy’s 6” medium firm organic rubber core is constructed of 2″ firm rubber and 4″ medium rubber. It is 2-sided. One side is made with our luxurious organic cotton velour for a softer feeling, and other side is finished with our elastic cotton knit providing a firmer feel. The 2-sided mattress allows your child to start sleeping on the softer side, and when he or she becomes heavier, flip the mattress over.
The cover is quilted using 100% organic wool and is removable so it’s easy to air out or spot clean. We do not use harmful, fire retardant chemicals. Instead we use organic wool that is quilted into the cover and which makes an all-natural fire barrier.
- 100% organic cotton cover
- One side finished in organic cotton velour
- Other side finished in an elastic cotton knit
- Mattress is fully reversible
- 100% organic sheep's wool quilted to inside of outer covering, on all sides
- Wool acts as a natural fire barrier without use of potentially risky alternatives
- 6" organic latex core
- 2" firm rubber
- 4" medium rubber
- Layers are interchangeable (firm on top = firmer feel, medium on top = slightly softer)
- 100% organic rubber tree latex
- Zero styrene-butadiene (synthetic) latex content
- Extremely durable, flexible and resilient
- Naturally antibacterial, antimicrobial, hypoallergenic, mould and dust mite resistant
- Available with a 4" or 8 ½" organic wood slat foundation
- Essential Foundation must be placed on a bed frame
- Premium Foundation is finished in the same fabric as the mattress and includes gorgeous wooden legs so that a bed frame is not required
- Designer Foundation is finished in your choice of linen or wool fabrics and designer legs in your choice of available finishes
- Designer Headboard is available for a fully-upholstered, finished look
- Designed and intended for children or for sleepers up to 150 lbs
- Made in Ottawa, Canada
Estimated Delivery, Shipping Costs & Availability
This organic mattress is typically stocked in all sizes. When sold out, please allow approximately 3-5 weeks for delivery. Shipping and handing are included at no extra cost to most locations across Canada.
Mattress ships via Fedex or UPS for fast, easy delivery. Foundation is not regularly stocked. If ordering a foundation or headboard please allow 3-5 weeks for delivery via truck freight.
This item is covered by the manufacturer's 10 year warranty against defects in workmanship, provided this mattress was used by a child not more than 18 years of age and not more than 150 lbs / 70 kg. The Mattress & Sleep Company will act on your behalf in the event of any potential warranty claim.
Estimated Delivery, Shipping Costs & Availability
This item is made to order. Please allow approximately 3-5 weeks for delivery. Full in-home placement and setup are included at no extra charge in the Calgary and Edmonton areas.
Please note that Obasan adult mattresses & foundations are not available for purchase online.
The Obasan Fundy 1.0 mattress is available for purchase online and includes free courier delivery to most locations across Canada. There is a $125 freight fee if a box spring is ordered with the mattress.
Obasan Certificates & Testing
- Latex (GOLS)
- Latex - General Overview from Arpico (Obasan's latex supplier)
- Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 - Class 1
- LGA - Landesgewerbeanstalt Bayern (evaluates the durability and resilience characteristics of the natural latex. Score: 99/100
- ABC Labs USA (evaluates the antibacterial efficacy of the natural latex)
- Stork - Twin City Corp., USA (evaluates the body interface pressure of the natural latex)
- Cotton (GOTS)
- Wool (GOTS)
Your sleep system is covered by Obasan's 10 warranty. The adult mattress range features an additional 10 years of pro-rated coverage for 20 years total. The Mattress & Sleep Company will act on your behalf in the event of any potential warranty claim.
Flip and rotate mattress twice per year. Place the mattress on a sturdy, breathable foundation made of rigid slats no more than 2 ½" apart, or on a genuine European suspension slat system such as the Berkeley Ergonomics Suspension Foundation. Always use a protective mattress cover made of breathable materials.
Customization & Assembly
Many of our mattresses require some basic assembly when they arrive to you. If we're delivering locally where we have a showroom, this work is performed by our delivery teams. If we're sending elsewhere, this assembly process is something you'll want to be prepared for, although the actual process of assembly is very straight forward.
There are six significant benefits to having a mattress which is delivered in smaller pieces:
- Instead of moving a large, awkward mattress in one giant piece weighing as much as 300 lbs, instead the mattress arrives in a few boxes which are much smaller and easy to handle.
- The mattress will easily find it's way up tight staircases. We often deliver king mattresses into spaces where a regular king simply wouldn't fit.
- Many of our mattress models may be customized with different firmness options for each sleeping partner. By having a mattress made with separate components, we're able to tweak the comfort to a very precise degree of success.
- If your comfort or support needs change in the future, you can either re-arrange the components already in your mattress, or we can replace them with different components offering different comfort and support characteristics.
- Thorough maintenance: Only by accessing the inner support layers of the mattress and flipping these layers can we truly maintain the mattress correctly over many years. Rotating a traditional mattress merely helps the top comfort layers settle more evenly, where-as flipping the support layers actually revitalizes the entire mattress.
- Individual layers may be replaced should they prematurely wear out before other mattress components. Also, no more guessing about where the wear and tear are taking place in your mattress. By taking the mattress apart, we can isolate the problematic component to easily solve common mattress wear issues.
Foundations / Boxsprings
We recommend the matching Obasan foundation or an electric adjustable bed. Use of an existing box spring is not recommended, although we are happy to provide advice on the suitability of any existing box spring.
Use With a Platform Bed
It is absolutely fine to place a Obasan mattress on a platform bed without a box spring so long as:
- The platform is slatted, with firm slats, placed no more than 2 ½" apart
- If the slats are bowed or curved, we recommend having a conversation before proceeding. Sometimes these slats will work, sometimes they won't
- The platform cannot have a solid deck, as the mattress needs to breathe
To learn more about choosing the right box spring or platform bed support, please read our Platform Bed & Boxspring Guide.