Availability: In-Store Only (On Display in Calgary)
Obasan's most versatile mattress, the Studio 10" is customizable for all types of sleepers. It accommodates all sleeping positions beautifully, yet delivers exceptional comfort for side and back sleepers. Made from the highest quality 100% organic materials, the customizable features are unparalleled. Both the support and comfort layers are tailored to suit individual sleep requirements and deliver maximum comfort for sleepers of all builds. Two sleep partners sleep equally well on the Studio 10", as each sleeper’s side is tailored independently.
The Obasan Adjustable Core System provides highly flexible support layers. Cores can be purchased separately, which ensures the mattress can be altered at any given time. The base layer is customized for each sleeper based on their weight and firmness preferences. The mattress comes with a built-in topper for immediate contouring and pressure relief.
The Studio 10" is handcrafted using the highest quality, breathable, 100% certified organic materials which delivers a beautifully comfortable, dry and cool sleep. It has a removable cover that allows easy spot cleaning and airing. Obasan do not use harmful fire retardant chemicals. Instead, Obasan utilize generous helpings of organic wool that is quilted into the cover and which is an all-natural fire barrier. Choose the designer package and transform your mattress into a spectacular bedroom design feature.
The Studio 10" is an ideal choice for any sleeper seeking extraordinary comfort and total body support.
10" Mattress support – will support any type of sleeper and body weight
- Cover details:
- 100% organic cotton velour top & sides (sleeping surface)
- 100% organic cotton canvas bottom
- 100% certified organic sheep's wool from Argentina, quilted to outer covering, on all sides
- Wool acts as a natural fire barrier without use of potentially risky alternatives
- Cover is removable to allow flipping and rotating of individual rubber layers
- 10" total of organic rubber tree latex, consisting of three layers:
- 2" organic rubber tree latex topper in soft
- 4" organic rubber tree latex middle layer
- Split into 3 zones for each sleeper (head / middle / foot)
- Choice of soft, medium or firm for each of the 3 zones
- 4" organic rubber tree latex base layer
- Choice of medium or firm
- Split layer on queen and king bed allows each sleeping partner to choose their own firmness for their half of the bed
- Zero styrene-butadiene (synthetic latex) content
- Extremely durable, flexible and resilient
- Naturally antibacterial, antimicrobial, hypoallergenic, mould and dust mite resistant
- Available as a mattress only, with a matching foundation and also compatible with an electric adjustable bed
- Total mattress height of approximately 11" | 28 cm
- The Studio 10" mattress was previously known as the Acadia 3.0
- Made in Ottawa, Canada
Estimated Delivery, Shipping Costs & Availability
This item is made to order. Please allow approximately 3-5 weeks for delivery. Full in-home placement and setup are included at no extra charge in the Calgary and Edmonton areas.
Please note that Obasan adult mattresses & foundations are not available for purchase online.
The Obasan Fundy 1.0 mattress is available for purchase online and includes free courier delivery to most locations across Canada. There is a $125 freight fee if a box spring is ordered with the mattress.
Obasan Certificates & Testing
- Latex (GOLS)
- Latex - General Overview from Arpico (Obasan's latex supplier)
- Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 - Class 1
- LGA - Landesgewerbeanstalt Bayern (evaluates the durability and resilience characteristics of the natural latex. Score: 99/100
- ABC Labs USA (evaluates the antibacterial efficacy of the natural latex)
- Stork - Twin City Corp., USA (evaluates the body interface pressure of the natural latex)
- Cotton (GOTS)
- Wool (GOTS)
Your sleep system is covered by Obasan's 10 warranty. The adult mattress range features an additional 10 years of pro-rated coverage for 20 years total. The Mattress & Sleep Company will act on your behalf in the event of any potential warranty claim.
Flip and rotate mattress twice per year. Place the mattress on a sturdy, breathable foundation made of rigid slats no more than 2 ½" apart, or on a genuine European suspension slat system such as the Berkeley Ergonomics Suspension Foundation. Always use a protective mattress cover made of breathable materials.
Customization & Assembly
Many of our mattresses require some basic assembly when they arrive to you. If we're delivering locally where we have a showroom, this work is performed by our delivery teams. If we're sending elsewhere, this assembly process is something you'll want to be prepared for, although the actual process of assembly is very straight forward.
There are six significant benefits to having a mattress which is delivered in smaller pieces:
- Instead of moving a large, awkward mattress in one giant piece weighing as much as 300 lbs, instead the mattress arrives in a few boxes which are much smaller and easy to handle.
- The mattress will easily find it's way up tight staircases. We often deliver king mattresses into spaces where a regular king simply wouldn't fit.
- Many of our mattress models may be customized with different firmness options for each sleeping partner. By having a mattress made with separate components, we're able to tweak the comfort to a very precise degree of success.
- If your comfort or support needs change in the future, you can either re-arrange the components already in your mattress, or we can replace them with different components offering different comfort and support characteristics.
- Thorough maintenance: Only by accessing the inner support layers of the mattress and flipping these layers can we truly maintain the mattress correctly over many years. Rotating a traditional mattress merely helps the top comfort layers settle more evenly, where-as flipping the support layers actually revitalizes the entire mattress.
- Individual layers may be replaced should they prematurely wear out before other mattress components. Also, no more guessing about where the wear and tear are taking place in your mattress. By taking the mattress apart, we can isolate the problematic component to easily solve common mattress wear issues.
Foundations / Boxsprings
We recommend the matching Obasan foundation or an electric adjustable bed. Use of an existing box spring is not recommended, although we are happy to provide advice on the suitability of any existing box spring.
Use With a Platform Bed
It is absolutely fine to place a Obasan mattress on a platform bed without a box spring so long as:
- The platform is slatted, with firm slats, placed no more than 2 ½" apart
- If the slats are bowed or curved, we recommend having a conversation before proceeding. Sometimes these slats will work, sometimes they won't
- The platform cannot have a solid deck, as the mattress needs to breathe
To learn more about choosing the right box spring or platform bed support, please read our Platform Bed & Boxspring Guide.