Our summer weight Alpaca duvet is also known as light weight. We like to call this a summer duvet as for some sleepers it may be a bit too cool for winter usage in cooler climates or with a lower bedroom temperature. If you are a warm sleeper or keep a higher bedroom temperature you'll likely find this duvet to be perfect for year-round use.
Alpaca fibres are very efficient. Because they are a hollow fibre, they can trap more air than a solid fibre such as sheep's wool. This means that less filling is required to achieve the same amount of warmth, resulting in a lighter overall duvet.
All of the alpaca fill used in Crescent Moon's products is sourced from Ranches in Alberta and BC, helping to sustain the local economy and reducing transportation requirements. The duvet is finished with a lovely certified organic cotton cover quilted with cute little crescent moon's to keep everything in place.
Other than the best quality goose and eiderdowns, alpaca is about as light weight of a duvet as you can find today. In fact, our alpaca duvets are as much as 25% lighter than our lightest silk duvets.
- Organic, 100% cotton cover (260 thread count)
- Cover is 180 grams / square metre (5.3 ounces / square yard)
- 155 grams / square metre (4.5 ounces / square yard) 70% Alpaca wool and 30% Sheep's wool fill
- Total weight (cover and fill) is 335 grams / square metre (9.9 ounces / square yard)
- Controls temperature and eliminates moisture build up
- Naturally hypoallergenic, breathable and flame retardant
- Specially quilted to eliminate clumping and hollow spots
- Ideal for year round comfort
- Duvet fabric shell is made in Austria. Fleece is from BC & Alberta. Lovingly crafted in Canada
- Duvet cover is not included. For our selection of covers, please visit our bedding section.
|Twin/Single||68 x 86"||172 x 228 cm|
|Double/Full||78 x 86"||198 x 228 cm|
|Queen||86 x 90"||228 x 229 cm|
|King||102 x 90"||259 x 229 cm|
Care InstructionsSpot clean or hand wash (with extreme care). Do not machine wash or dry. Use of a duvet cover and/or duvet protector is highly recommended.
Estimated Delivery, Shipping Costs & AvailabilityTypically in stock for quick delivery in Queen and King size. When sold out or for other sizes please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery. This duvet qualifies for free shipping to most locations across Canada.
This item is covered by the manufacturer's 5 year warranty against defects in workmanship. The Mattress & Sleep Company will act on your behalf in the event of any potential warranty claim.
The Sleep Sound Guarantee® - Price Protection
In the event that you discover retailer offering the same item for a lower price, simply let us know. The Mattress & Sleep Company will either match or beat the lower price either before you've made a purchase or up to 120 days after your purchase with us.
Visit The Sleep Sound Guarantee® page for more information.