Crafted from the same Plein-Air French sheep's wool, organic cotton and natural Talalay latex found in all Berkeley Ergonomics mattresses. Filled with 500 grams of wool per square metre, the organic pillow top will breathe and regulate temperature and humidity exceptionally well.
Many consumers have had negative experiences with expensive pillow top mattresses that sag well before expected. Those mattresses use poor quality polyurethane foam, effectively degrading the durability of the mattress. Our pillow top features durable 100% natural Talalay latex cushioning that wears well over time and independently from your mattress.
Our pillow tops are independent of the mattress. This allows the topper to be added to your mattress after purchase should you want additional softness and pressure relief. It can be removed if you want to change the feel and since the Talalay latex cushioning wears independently of your mattress, it can be replaced separately at any time.
Pillow Top Details
- Layers from top to bottom:
- 100% Organic Cotton outer fabric
- 100% Plein-Air French wool quilted to inside of outer fabric
- Plein-Air - These sheep live outdoors year-round
- Produces a more curly, longer fibre
- Superior to mechanically crimped wool, does not matte down as easily
- 1 ¼" of Super Soft 100% Natural Talalay latex or2" of Soft 100% Natural Talalay latex
- Zippered, removable outer cover
- Free of harmful chemicals - no flame retardant, formaldehyde or PBDE's
- Made in California, USA
Why and when to add a topper
A high quality topper is the perfect addition to an existing mattress which is in good condition and still provides adequate support. Toppers are designed to enhance comfort and pressure relief.
Toppers are also commonly added to a brand new mattress. A luxury mattress topper crafted from natural materials can improve even the very best mattresses. Adding a topper to a new mattress will also extend the life of the mattress, as the topper will take a good portion of the wear and tear.
It is important to remember that a topper will not improve the support of a worn out mattress, nor will they eliminate sagging issues. In fact, placing a topper on a sagging mattress is not something we recommend - you'll just make the sagging that much more noticeable. If you find yourself in this situation it is best to consider a new mattress.
Estimated Delivery, Shipping Costs & Availability
2" Queen and King size normally stocked in Calgary and Edmonton. For other sizes or when sold out, please allow approximately 3-5 weeks for delivery. Please note that this latex topper is available for purchase in-store only for local delivery and pickup.
About Vita Talalay
Berkeley Ergonomics feature Vita Talalay, made by Radium Foam BV in The Netherlands. This pair of videos demonstrate the superiority of Vita Talalay compared to other foam types, including other latex varieties.
Berkeley Ergonomics Certificates
- Radium Vita Talalay latex (the type of latex found in all Berkeley Ergonomics mattresses and pillows) is Cradle to Cradle Gold Certified
- C2C certification is a review of the following areas:
- Material Health (Knowing the chemical ingredients of every material in a product, and optimizing towards safer materials - identify material as organic or synthetic)
- Material Re-utilization (Designing products made with materials that come from and can safely return to nature or industry)
- Renewable Energy & Carbon Management (Envisioning a future in which all manufacturing is powered by 100% clean renewable energy)
- Water Stewardship (Manage clean water as a precious resource and an essential human right)
- Social Fairness (Design operations to honour all people and natural systems affected by the creation, use, disposal or reuse of a product)
- More Information
- Certificate Link
- Latex (ECO Institut)
- Latex (Rainforest Alliance)
- All textile components are Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 certified
- Cotton knit: 93.0.3463
- French Wool: 95.0.2251
- Backing materials: 94.0.7467
- Vita Talalay latex: 30007 - Class I, safe for babies (most competing Talalay is Class II or IV)
- Polypropylene spring fabric(s): 64930, 10.0.77270 & 10.0.81778
- Belgian visco (Eucavisco® is used in our London & Monaco mattress models only): 0110048
- CertiPUR-US (Eucavisco® is used in our London & Monaco mattress models only)
We recommend a sturdy, well-ventilated slat foundation for all mattresses. Berkeley Ergonomics offer three choices. The highest performing foundation is the Berkeley Ergonomics suspension foundation.
Suspension foundations are superior to rigid bases as they absorb energy, reducing pressure points while also providing for greatly improved ergonomic alignment and support. They'll even extend the life of your mattress.
Berkeley also offer a 2 ⅜" slat frame which will fit in most platform beds, allowing you to benefit from the suspension slats and their enhanced ergonomics when a platform bed would not normally fit a box spring.
All Berkeley Ergonomics mattresses are 100% compatible with electric adjustable beds.
All wood used in these three foundations comes from sustainable PEFC and FSC certified sources in Canada and Germany.
We Recommend Formesse Fitted Sheets
The highest performing fitted sheet for your Berkeley Ergonomics mattress is a Formesse Bella Donna fitted sheet. Your BE mattress features a knit organic cotton fabric outer covering, which is very stretchy and elastic. Typical sheets are woven (ie: sateen or percale), which can result in excess surface tension. Formesse sheets, Made in Germany, are different. They are stretch-knit, just like the Berkeley mattress fabric. This combination results in the most elastic, highest performing sleep surface possible today.
Knit fabrics are also more breathable than woven fabrics, which results in better temperature and humidity regulation.