(On Display & Popular Sizes Stocked in Calgary & Edmonton) or
Buy Securely Online (Delivery available to most locations across Canada)
Our Oslo mattress, much like the city it is named after, offers a popular combination of stability and comfort. Quilted to the outer organic cotton fabric is of course 100% Plein-Air sheep's wool from France. Beneath this breathable top layer you'll discover a layer of pre-compressed European mini pocket coils with soft natural Talalay latex to gently contour your body's curves.
At the base of the mattress is a layer of honeycomb nested pocket coils, which provide additional cradling and firm support. By combining this double layer of carbon steel coils, these independent layers of springs do a superior job of providing correct ergonomics.
Handcrafted goodness awaits you in Oslo.
Finish off your Berkeley Ergonomics mattress with a Formesse Bella Donna fitted sheet. Made in Germany, these special fitted sheets are stretch-knit, and super breathable. They work in perfect harmony with the high performance elastic materials found in all BE mattresses.
- Layers from top to bottom:
- 100% Organic Cotton outer fabric
- 100% Plein-Air French wool quilted to inside of outer fabric
- Plein-Air - These sheep live outdoors year-round
- Produces a more curly, longer fibre
- Superior to mechanically crimped wool, does not matte down as easily
- 1" Soft 100% Natural Talalay latex
- Manufactured by Radium Foam BV in The Netherlands
- European mini pocket coils
- European honeycomb nested pocket coils - steel, wrapped in polypropylene; a high performance, durable, breathable, moisture-wicking, non-toxic fabric
- Coil Counts:
- 3,035 Queen Size
- 3,882 King Size
- Zippered, removable outer cover
- Zero synthetic flame retardants
- Vegan version available upon request (replaces wool with linen fibres)
- 100% adjustable-bed compatible
- Made in California, USA
|Oslo Mattress Height||9"||23 cm|
|Standard Foundation Heights||2 ½" 1 | 4" | 7" | 8 ½" 2||6 1 | 10 | 18 | 21.5 cm 2|
|Suspension Foundation Heights||2 ⅜" 1 | 4" | 6 ½" | 8 ½" 2||6 1 | 10 | 16.5 | 21.5 cm 2|
1 - 6 cm ultra low profile slat options are designed for platform style beds which do not normally accommodate a standard box spring or foundation.
2 - 8 ½" / 21.5 cm foundations may incur a surcharge. Call 1-877-750-1212 or visit for more details.
If ordering online, rest assured The Mattress & Sleep Co. will follow up with you to select your foundation height.
Estimated Delivery, Shipping Costs & Availability
Queen and King size normally stocked in Calgary & Edmonton. For other sizes or when sold out, please allow approximately 3-5 weeks for delivery. Full in-home placement and setup are complimentary in the Calgary and Edmonton areas.
For orders outside of the Calgary and Edmonton areas, Oslo incurs a truck freight shipping fee of $125. Truck freight delivery is to your curb. If you require in-home placement, please inquire with us prior to ordering.
Berkeley Ergonomics Certificates
- Radium Vita Talalay latex (the type of latex found in all Berkeley Ergonomics mattresses and pillows) is Cradle to Cradle Gold Certified
- C2C certification is a review of the following areas:
- Material Health (Knowing the chemical ingredients of every material in a product, and optimizing towards safer materials - identify material as organic or synthetic)
- Material Re-utilization (Designing products made with materials that come from and can safely return to nature or industry)
- Renewable Energy & Carbon Management (Envisioning a future in which all manufacturing is powered by 100% clean renewable energy)
- Water Stewardship (Manage clean water as a precious resource and an essential human right)
- Social Fairness (Design operations to honour all people and natural systems affected by the creation, use, disposal or reuse of a product)
- More Information
- Certificate Link
- Latex (ECO Institut)
- Latex (Rainforest Alliance)
- All textile components are Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 certified
- Cotton knit: 93.0.3463
- French Wool: 95.0.2251
- Backing materials: 94.0.7467
- Vita Talalay latex: 30007 - Class I, safe for babies (most competing Talalay is Class II or IV)
- Polypropylene spring fabric(s): 64930, 10.0.77270 & 10.0.81778
- Belgian visco (Eucavisco® is used in our London & Monaco mattress models only): 0110048
- CertiPUR-US (Eucavisco® is used in our London & Monaco mattress models only)
We recommend a sturdy, well-ventilated slat foundation for all mattresses. Berkeley Ergonomics offer three choices. The highest performing foundation is the Berkeley Ergonomics suspension foundation.
Suspension foundations are superior to rigid bases as they absorb energy, reducing pressure points while also providing for greatly improved ergonomic alignment and support. They'll even extend the life of your mattress.
Berkeley also offer a 2 ⅜" slat frame which will fit in most platform beds, allowing you to benefit from the suspension slats and their enhanced ergonomics when a platform bed would not normally fit a box spring.
All Berkeley Ergonomics mattresses are 100% compatible with electric adjustable beds.
All wood used in these three foundations comes from sustainable PEFC and FSC certified sources in Canada and Germany.
About Vita Talalay
Berkeley Ergonomics feature Vita Talalay, made by Radium Foam BV in The Netherlands. This pair of videos demonstrate just how superior Vita Talalay is when compared to other foam types, including other latex varieties.
We Recommend Formesse Fitted Sheets
The highest performing fitted sheet for your Berkeley Ergonomics mattress is a Formesse Bella Donna fitted sheet. Your BE mattress features a knit organic cotton fabric outer covering, which is very stretchy and elastic. Typical sheets are woven (ie: sateen or percale), which can result in excess surface tension. Formesse sheets, Made in Germany, are different. They are stretch-knit, just like the Berkeley mattress fabric. This combination results in the most elastic, highest performing sleep surface possible today.
Knit fabrics are also more breathable than woven fabrics, which results in better temperature and humidity regulation.
Rotate the mattress once or twice per year. Always use a protective mattress cover made of breathable natural materials. Ensure the mattress is supported by an adequate foundation which is slatted and breathable. The matching Berkeley foundations are recommended!
The Sleep Sound Guarantee®
You can sleep soundly knowing that every product purchased from The Mattress & Sleep Company is brand new and has never been used or slept on. Mattresses, bedding and towels are personal use items and we believe you deserve to be assured these products are new.
The only mattress we've had any recent success with is a Sealy mattress that is just a big chunk of Talalay latex. No topper, no superfluous foam, just latex. Unfortunately, the mainstream sleep stores in YYC were unable to show us anything that was a healthy alternative to synthetic Talalay latex. When we started searching outside of the mainstream, we decided to try Essentia. Suffice to say we found Essentia’s mattresses uncomfortable and unreasonably priced.
Continued research led us to Berkeley Ergonomics, and The Mattress and Sleep Company in YYC. After trying a few mattresses, we purchased the Olso (AKA BE3000), along with the Berkeley Suspension foundation. Despite the online assertions of a guy who HATES what Berkeley wraps their springs in (and thinks the entire world should know it), the bed is cleanly made. There is no off-gassing or chemical smells, just a faint wood smell from the foundation.
I've been sleeping on the bed for a couple of weeks now and it is the first bed that I've owned that is impossible to be uncomfortable in. I can sleep comfortably on my back, side or stomach, without feeling like I should move every 30 minutes. I didn't think I wanted another innerspring mattress, but I was wrong - this thing is great. The Oslo is the perfect combination of softness and support, and I recommend it highly.
I also recommend The Mattress and Sleep Company highly. They take sleep technology seriously, and allow their products to sell themselves. I felt zero pressure and felt that I was being listened to. In an era where mattress salespeople have become hyperbolic mouthpieces for mass-produced black-boxes, TMASC's quiet confidence in their products is a refreshing change.
Thanks for the help, TMASC, and thanks for the great bed, Berkeley Ergonomics.