Our Oslo mattress offers a striking combination of stability and comfort. Quilted to the outer organic cotton fabric is 100% Plein-Air sheep's wool from France. Beneath this breathable top layer, you'll discover a layer of pre-compressed European mini pocket coils with a generous amount of soft natural Talalay latex to gently contour your body's curves.
At the base of the mattress is a layer of honeycomb nested pocket coils, which provide additional cradling and firm support. By combining this double layer of carbon steel coils, these independent layers of springs do a superior job of providing correct ergonomics.
Handcrafted goodness awaits you in Oslo.
Finish off your Berkeley Ergonomics mattress with a Formesse Bella Donna fitted sheet. Made in Germany, these special fitted sheets are stretch-knit and super breathable. They work in perfect harmony with the high-performance elastic materials found in all BE mattresses.
Availability: In-Store (On Display & Popular Sizes Stocked in Calgary, Edmonton & Sherwood Park) or
Buy Securely Online (Delivery available to most locations across Canada)
- Layers from top to bottom:
- 100% Stretch-Knit Organic Cotton outer fabric
- 100% Plein-Air French wool quilted to the inside of the outer fabric
- Plein-Air - These sheep live outdoors year-round
- Produces a more curly, longer fibre
- Superior to mechanically crimped wool, does not matte down as easily
- 2" 100% Natural Talalay latex
- Soft latex in the Soft mattress version
- Firm latex in the Firm mattress version
- Manufactured by Radium Foam BV in The Netherlands
- European mini pocket coils
- European honeycomb nested pocket coils - steel, wrapped in polypropylene; a high performance, durable, breathable, moisture-wicking, non-toxic textile
- Coil Counts:
- 3,035 Queen Size
- 3,882 King Size
- Zippered, removable outer cover
- Zero synthetic flame retardants
- Vegan version available upon request (replaces wool with linen)
- 100% adjustable-bed compatible
- Made in California, USA
Firmness & Elasticity At a Glance
We believe in the Elastic Bed Principle. The best-performing mattresses are those rated 10 out of 10, extremely elastic.
Berkeley Ergonomics Certificates
- Radium Vita Talalay latex (the type of latex found in all Berkeley Ergonomics mattresses and pillows) is Cradle to Cradle Gold Certified
- C2C certification is a review of the following areas:
- Material Health (Knowing the chemical ingredients of every material in a product, and optimizing towards safer materials - identify material as organic or synthetic)
- Material Re-utilization (Designing products made with materials that come from and can safely return to nature or industry)
- Renewable Energy & Carbon Management (Envisioning a future in which all manufacturing is powered by 100% clean renewable energy)
- Water Stewardship (Manage clean water as a precious resource and an essential human right)
- Social Fairness (Design operations to honour all people and natural systems affected by the creation, use, disposal or reuse of a product)
- More Information
- C2C Certificate Link
- Latex (ECO Institut)
- Latex (Rainforest Alliance)
- Green energy (wind)
- Organic Cotton Stretch Knit - Medizinisch Getestet certificate - The fabric for Berkeley mattresses and mattress protectors is made from Organic Cotton Stretch and is certified by Medizinisch Getestet Schadstoffgepruft. Medically tested for toxins.
- Organic Cotton Stretch Knit - Naturtextil Certification - The raw organic cotton used for the cotton knit in Berkeley mattress covers and protectors is long staple and Mattes and Ammann are Berkeley's exclusive supplier. "Naturtextil BEST" certification means it is a holistic standard. It values environmental and social criteria along the entire textile production chain.
- Wool (GOTS)
- All textile components are Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 certified
- Cotton knit: 93.0.3463
- French Wool: 95.0.2251
- Backing materials: 94.0.7467
- Vita Talalay latex: 30007 - Class I, safe for babies (most competing Talalay is Class II or IV)
- Polypropylene spring fabric(s): 64930, 10.0.77270 & 10.0.81778
- Belgian visco (Eucavisco® is used in our London & Monaco mattress models only): 0110048
- CertiPUR-US (Eucavisco® is used in our London & Monaco mattress models only)
- Wood (boxsprings/slat systems) - All wood is sourced from FSC certified sources in Canada and Germany
Dimensions for our most popular boxspring types. Visit us in-store for custom sizes and additional selection.
Simply add the mattress height to any of the heights listed below for a total bed height. If you're placing one of these foundations on an existing bed frame, be sure to include the height from the floor to the support structure of your existing bed to determine the total bed height.
|Foundation Heights (Imperial)||Foundation Heights (Metric)||Leg Height||Total Height w/ Legs|
|Berkeley Standard Slat Foundation||2 ½"
|Not available||Not available|
|Berkeley Suspension Slat Foundation (our best-selling boxspring)||2 ⅜"
|Not available||Not available|
|6"||10" | 25 cm
14" | 35.5 cm
|Beaudoin Breeze Platform Bed||13"
w/ legs installed
w/ legs installed
|14 ⅝" (height to top of upholstered side rails)|
|Ergomotion 330 Adjustable Bed||8"||20 cm||3"
|Varies from 11 to 16"|
|Ergomotion 390 Adjustable Bed (our best-selling electric base)||8"||20 cm||3"
|Varies from 11 to 16"|
Platform Bed & Boxspring Guide (opens in new tab)
Estimated Delivery, Shipping Costs & Availability
Varieties Which Are Typically In-Stock
The Oslo Hybrid Mattress is typically stocked in Queen & King in Soft. Please see the lead times below for situations when the Oslo Hybrid Mattress is sold out or for all other sizes.
Lead Times for Out-of-Stock & Special Orders
Berkeley Ergonomics products which are sold out or not regularly stocked typically arrive to our Alberta warehouses within 3-4 weeks of your order placement. Please Send Us a Message should your needs be time sensitive.
Delivery Costs & Available Services
In-home delivery and setup of your new Berkeley Ergonomics mattress is included at no extra cost in the Calgary and Edmonton areas. In addition, our professional delivery teams are able to travel to most locations in Alberta for a reasonable cost.
Removal of your existing mattress, bed frame and furniture is also available upon request.
Located elsewhere in Canada? The cost of shipping Berkeley Ergonomics mattresses sent via truck freight starts at $125.
Courier-eligible bedding and pillow orders qualify for free shipping to most locations across Canada on orders of $100 or more.
General Availability Advice
The Mattress & Sleep Company is a family owned and operated Canadian retailer. We specialize in high-quality bedding, bath and mattresses from Canada, Europe and the USA. Our vast selection makes it impossible to stock everything. For this reason, our website does not offer real-time inventory availability as many of our products are made to order.
Please read the availability details above as we do make an effort to draw attention to products which are typically in stock in our Calgary, Edmonton and Sherwood Park stores and warehouses.