We asked Berkeley Ergonomics to create a unique memory foam hybrid mattress. Did they ever deliver. This is unlike any other hybrid mattress available today. The formula is simple, which is the key to why the London mattress delivers superior performance when compared to mainstream hybrid memory foam mattresses and also provides better value.
The London mattress combines the supreme pressure relief and weight distribution of open-cell, fast response memory foam with the elasticity and support of a nested base coil with an exceptionally high coil count.
The 2" comfort layer of 4 lbs memory foam gently contours to the body while the base of flexible steel coils creates a supportive stable feel.
The independent base coils help to eliminate bounce and motion transfer so you can enjoy fewer sleep disturbances. Unlike conventional memory foams, our performance foam from Belgium does not change firmness with temperature. It is open-celled and breathable, avoiding the heat build-up that many individuals associate with standard memory foam.
Finishing off the mattress you'll discover the same 100% organic cotton ticking and 100% Plein-Air French sheep's wool, providing optimal temperature and humidity regulation. All materials are certified to be free of harmful chemicals by the Oeko-Tex® Standard 100, ensuring a clean and healthy sleep environment.
Availability: In-Store (On Display & Popular Sizes Stocked in Calgary & Edmonton) or
Buy Securely Online (Delivery available to most locations across Canada)
- Layers from top to bottom:
- 100% Organic Cotton outer fabric
- 100% Plein-Air French wool quilted to the inside of the outer fabric
- Plein-Air - These sheep live outdoors year-round
- Produces a more curly, longer fibre
- Superior to mechanically crimped wool, does not matte down as easily
- 2" Belgian Viscoelastic Memory Foam
- Open cell, breathable fast response memory foam for supreme pressure relief
- 4 lb density
- Not sensitive to temperature like traditional memory foam
- Layer Made in Belgium
- European honeycomb nested pocket coils - steel, wrapped in polypropylene; a high performance, durable, breathable, moisture-wicking, non-toxic textile
- Coil Counts:
- 1,484 Queen Size
- 1,908 King Size
- Zippered, removable outer cover
- Zero synthetic flame retardants
- Vegan version available upon request (replaces wool with linen)
- Custom sizes available upon request
- 100% adjustable-bed compatible
- 8" | 20 cm total depth
- Made in California, USA
Firmness & Elasticity At a Glance
We believe in the Elastic Bed Principle. The best-performing mattresses are those rated 10 out of 10, extremely elastic.
Berkeley Ergonomics Certificates
- Radium Vita Talalay latex (the type of latex found in all Berkeley Ergonomics mattresses and pillows) is Cradle to Cradle Gold Certified
- C2C certification is a review of the following areas:
- Material Health (Knowing the chemical ingredients of every material in a product, and optimizing towards safer materials - identify material as organic or synthetic)
- Material Re-utilization (Designing products made with materials that come from and can safely return to nature or industry)
- Renewable Energy & Carbon Management (Envisioning a future in which all manufacturing is powered by 100% clean renewable energy)
- Water Stewardship (Manage clean water as a precious resource and an essential human right)
- Social Fairness (Design operations to honour all people and natural systems affected by the creation, use, disposal or reuse of a product)
- More Information
- C2C Certificate Link
- Latex (ECO Institut)
- Latex (Rainforest Alliance)
- Green energy (wind)
- Organic Cotton Stretch Knit - Medizinisch Getestet certificate - The fabric for Berkeley mattresses and mattress protectors is made from Organic Cotton Stretch and is certified by Medizinisch Getestet Schadstoffgepruft. Medically tested for toxins.
- Organic Cotton Stretch Knit - Naturtextil Certification - The raw organic cotton used for the cotton knit in Berkeley mattress covers and protectors is long staple and Mattes and Ammann are Berkeley's exclusive supplier. "Naturtextil BEST" certification means it is a holistic standard. It values environmental and social criteria along the entire textile production chain.
- Wool (GOTS)
- All textile components are Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 certified
- Cotton knit: 93.0.3463
- French Wool: 95.0.2251
- Backing materials: 94.0.7467
- Vita Talalay latex: 30007 - Class I, safe for babies (most competing Talalay is Class II or IV)
- Polypropylene spring fabric(s): 64930, 10.0.77270 & 10.0.81778
- Belgian visco (Eucavisco® is used in our London & Monaco mattress models only): 0110048
- CertiPUR-US (Eucavisco® is used in our London & Monaco mattress models only)
- Wood (boxsprings/slat systems) - All wood is sourced from FSC certified sources in Canada and Germany
Dimensions for our most popular boxspring types. Visit us in-store for custom sizes and additional selection.
Simply add the mattress height to any of the heights listed below for a total bed height. If you're placing one of these foundations on an existing bed frame, be sure to include the height from the floor to the support structure of your existing bed to determine the total bed height.
|Foundation Heights (Imperial)||Foundation Heights (Metric)||Leg Height||Total Height w/ Legs|
|Berkeley Standard Slat Foundation||2 ½"
|Not available||Not available|
|Berkeley Suspension Slat Foundation (our best-selling boxspring)||2 ⅜"
|Not available||Not available|
|6"||10" | 25 cm
14" | 35.5 cm
|Beaudoin Breeze Platform Bed||13"
w/ legs installed
w/ legs installed
|14 ⅝" (height to top of upholstered side rails)|
|Ergomotion 330 Adjustable Bed||8"||20 cm||3"
|Varies from 11 to 16"|
|Ergomotion 390 Adjustable Bed (our best-selling electric base)||8"||20 cm||3"
|Varies from 11 to 16"|
Platform Bed & Boxspring Guide (opens in new tab)
Estimated Delivery, Shipping Costs & Availability
The London Hybrid Mattress is not regularly stocked. Please allow 3-4 weeks for this item to arrive to one of our Alberta warehouses.
Lead Times for Out-of-Stock & Special Orders
Berkeley Ergonomics products which are sold out or not regularly stocked typically arrive to our Alberta warehouses within 3-4 weeks of your order placement. Please Send Us a Message should your needs be time sensitive.
Delivery Costs & Available Services
In-home delivery and setup of your new Berkeley Ergonomics mattress is included at no extra cost in the Calgary and Edmonton areas. In addition, our professional delivery teams are able to travel to most locations in Alberta for a reasonable cost.
Removal of your existing mattress, bed frame and furniture is also available upon request.
Located elsewhere in Canada? The cost of shipping Berkeley Ergonomics mattresses sent via truck freight starts at $125.
Courier-eligible bedding and pillow orders qualify for free shipping to most locations across Canada on orders of $100 or more.
General Availability Advice
The Mattress & Sleep Company is a family owned and operated Canadian retailer. We specialize in high-quality bedding, bath and mattresses from Canada, Europe and the USA. Our vast selection makes it impossible to stock everything. For this reason, our website does not offer real-time inventory availability as many of our products are made to order.
Please read the availability details above as we do make an effort to draw attention to products which are typically in stock in our Calgary, Edmonton and Sherwood Park stores and warehouses.