(On Display in Calgary & Edmonton) or
Buy Securely Online (Delivery included to most locations across Canada)
We're proud to say that this organic crib mattress is one of the most reasonably priced anywhere in North America. Yes, there are a few crib mattresses out there with organic cotton batting at a slightly lower price, however these all employ a polyethylene waterproof cover, which is simply not natural and thus we do not consider these to be comparable.
This mattress meets all Canadian safety requirements and is fully reversible so that both sides are available for use.
This mattress will fit any standard sized crib. This mattress does not use any latex, synthetics, glues, dyes, oils, flame retardants or chemicals of any kind.
Springs or no springs? This is the most common question we're asked about crib mattresses. Realistically the choice is down to personal preference. Some folks prefer no metal, due to possible concerns about EMF/EMI while others like that a spring mattress provides firmer support. Once we get past these two concerns, it's really just down to the crib you own. Spring mattresses will work on any crib support surface including slats, boards or metal frame/springs while rubber crib mattresses are suitable on slats or boards only.
All of our crib mattresses meet or exceed all Canadian and American safety standards and every model is organic, free of any synthetics or chemical flame retardants. All of our crib mattresses offer more than adequate support all the way into toddler bed usage and beyond.
- 100% organic cotton outer fabric
- Lock stitch for extra safety
- 100% organic sheep's wool quilted to inside of outer covering
- Organic wool used in the quilted cover removes the need for a synthetic fire barrier
- Organic wool is naturally resistant to dust mites, mould, mildew, is antibacterial and hypoallergenic
- Organic wool regulates temperature and humidity and is proven to make babies cry less
- Organic wool felt padding atop spring system
- 252 springs (15 gauge) Bonnell coil system (equivalent to 830 in a queen size)
- Springs have not been treated with any chemicals, rust inhibitors or oils of any kind
- Fits all standard sized cribs
- 6" depth (please reference your crib frame documentation to verify depth requirements)
- Absolutely no foam or latex in this mattress
- Mattress Assembly in Ottawa, Canada (Springs made in USA)
- Standard Crib: 28 x 52 x 6" | 71 x 132 x 15 cm
- Turn and rotate the mattress twice per year
- Place the crib mattress on a firm, ventilated surface
- Do not allow the mattress to get wet
- Use a non-toxic spot cleaner for stains
- Protect the mattress with a crib mattress pad and/or puddle pad
Estimated Delivery, Shipping Costs & Availability
Typically in stock, arrives within 2-7 business days to most locations. When sold out please allow approximately 2-3 weeks for delivery. This item automatically qualifies for free shipping. Crib mattresses must be delivered to a physical street address via Fedex. Will ship to remote locations such as Whitehorse or Yellowknife via Greyhound (additional charges may apply).
This item cannot be shipped outside of Canada.
Obasan/Sleeptek Certificates & Testing
- Latex (GOLS)
- Latex (eco Institut)
- Latex - General Overview from Arpico (Sleeptek's latex supplier)
- Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 - Class 1
- LGA - Landesgewerbeanstalt Bayern (evaluates the durability and resilience characteristics of the natural latex. Score: 99/100
- ABC Labs USA (evaluates the antibacterial efficacy of the natural latex)
- Stork - Twin City Corp., USA (evaluates the body interface pressure of the natural latex)
- Cotton (GOTS)
- Wool (GOTS)
This item is covered by the manufacturer's 10 year warranty against defects in workmanship. The Mattress & Sleep Company will act on your behalf in the event of any potential warranty claim.
The Sleep Sound Guarantee® - Price Protection
Although this mattress is made especially for you, our industry leading Sleep Sound Guarantee® still offers unparalleled price protection. If a competitor should offer a comparable product for less, simply let us know. We will match any lower price on an item of comparable quality and specification.
Visit The Sleep Sound Guarantee® page for more information.