(On Display in Calgary) or
Buy Securely Online (Delivery available to most locations across Canada)
The Monaco mattress combines the excellent pressure relief and weight distribution of open-cell, fast response memory foam with the elasticity and support of a Vita Talalay 7-zoned 100% natural latex core for one of the most unique hybrid mattresses available today.
Coupling the highest-performance Belgian memory foam with Radium's renowned Vita Talalay 7-zone latex core gives far more elastic support and comfort than the typical polyurethane foam cores used in most memory foam mattresses. Not as difficult to change position in the mattress, superior posture and alignment to prevent lower back pain that is common with top to bottom polyurethane foam mattresses.
Best of all, the Monaco mattress is wrapped in pure knit organic cotton and Plein-Air sheep's wool. These ecologically healthy materials ensure optimal temperature and humidity regulation. You won't sleep hot on our memory foam mattress.
Finish off your Berkeley Ergonomics mattress with a Formesse Bella Donna fitted sheet. Made in Germany, these special fitted sheets are stretch-knit, and super breathable. They work in perfect harmony with the high performance elastic materials found in all BE mattresses.
- Layers from top to bottom:
- 100% Organic Cotton outer fabric
- 100% Plein-Air French wool quilted to inside of outer fabric
- Plein-Air - These sheep live outdoors year-round
- Produces a more curly, longer fibre
- Superior to mechanically crimped wool, does not matte down as easily
- 2" Belgian Viscoelastic Memory Foam
- Open cell, breathable fast response memory foam for supreme pressure relief
- 4 lb density
- Not sensitive to temperature like tradtional memory foam
- Layer Made in Belgium
- 6" 100% Natural Talalay latex core
- 7-zoned for correct ergonomics and pressure relief
- Choice of Medium or Firm core
- Queen and King size available with a different firmness for each sleeping partner
- Free from synthetics and fillers
- Manufactured by Radium Foam BV in The Netherlands
- Motion free gentle support
- Durable and consistent over time
- Zippered, removable outer cover (non-washable)
- Individually replaceable components
- Zero synthetic flame retardants
- Made in California, USA
|Monaco Mattress Height||8 ½"||22 cm|
|Standard Foundation Heights||2 ½" 1 | 4" | 7" | 8 ½" 2||6 1 | 10 | 18 | 21.5 cm 2|
|Suspension Foundation Heights||2 ⅜" 1 | 4" | 6 ½" | 8 ½" 2||6 1 | 10 | 16.5 | 21.5 cm 2|
1 - 6 cm ultra low profile slat options are designed for platform style beds which do not normally accommodate a standard box spring or foundation.
2 - 8 ½" / 21.5 cm foundations may incur a surcharge. Call 1-877-750-1212 or visit for more details.
If ordering online, rest assured The Mattress & Sleep Co. will follow up with you to select your foundation height.
Custom sizes available upon request.
Estimated Delivery, Shipping Costs & Availability
Please allow approximately 3-5 weeks for delivery. Full in-home placement and setup are complimentary in the Calgary and Edmonton areas.
For orders outside of the Calgary and Edmonton areas, Monaco incurs a truck freight shipping fee of $125. Truck freight delivery is to your curb. If you require in-home placement, please inquire with us prior to ordering.
Berkeley Ergonomics Certificates
- Radium Vita Talalay latex (the type of latex found in all Berkeley Ergonomics mattresses and pillows) is Cradle to Cradle Gold Certified
- C2C certification is a review of the following areas:
- Material Health (Knowing the chemical ingredients of every material in a product, and optimizing towards safer materials - identify material as organic or synthetic)
- Material Re-utilization (Designing products made with materials that come from and can safely return to nature or industry)
- Renewable Energy & Carbon Management (Envisioning a future in which all manufacturing is powered by 100% clean renewable energy)
- Water Stewardship (Manage clean water as a precious resource and an essential human right)
- Social Fairness (Design operations to honour all people and natural systems affected by the creation, use, disposal or reuse of a product)
- More Information
- Certificate Link
- Latex (ECO Institut)
- Latex (Rainforest Alliance)
- All textile components are Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 certified
- Cotton knit: 93.0.3463
- French Wool: 95.0.2251
- Backing materials: 94.0.7467
- Vita Talalay latex: 30007 - Class I, safe for babies (most competing Talalay is Class II or IV)
- Polypropylene spring fabric(s): 64930, 10.0.77270 & 10.0.81778
- Belgian visco (Eucavisco® is used in our London & Monaco mattress models only): 0110048
- CertiPUR-US (Eucavisco® is used in our London & Monaco mattress models only)
We recommend a sturdy, well-ventilated slat foundation for all mattresses. Berkeley Ergonomics offer three choices. The highest performing foundation is the Berkeley Ergonomics suspension foundation.
Suspension foundations are superior to rigid bases as they absorb energy, reducing pressure points while also providing for greatly improved ergonomic alignment and support. They'll even extend the life of your mattress.
Berkeley also offer a 2 ⅜" slat frame which will fit in most platform beds, allowing you to benefit from the suspension slats and their enhanced ergonomics when a platform bed would not normally fit a box spring.
All Berkeley Ergonomics mattresses are 100% compatible with electric adjustable beds.
All wood used in these three foundations comes from sustainable PEFC and FSC certified sources in Canada and Germany.
About Vita Talalay
Berkeley Ergonomics feature Vita Talalay, made by Radium Foam BV in The Netherlands. This pair of videos demonstrate just how superior Vita Talalay is when compared to other foam types, including other latex varieties.
We Recommend Formesse Fitted Sheets
The highest performing fitted sheet for your Berkeley Ergonomics mattress is a Formesse Bella Donna fitted sheet. Your BE mattress features a knit organic cotton fabric outer covering, which is very stretchy and elastic. Typical sheets are woven (ie: sateen or percale), which can result in excess surface tension. Formesse sheets, Made in Germany, are different. They are stretch-knit, just like the Berkeley mattress fabric. This combination results in the most elastic, highest performing sleep surface possible today.
Knit fabrics are also more breathable than woven fabrics, which results in better temperature and humidity regulation.
Rotate the mattress once or twice per year. Always use a protective mattress cover made of breathable natural materials. Ensure the mattress is supported by an adequate foundation which is slatted and breathable. The matching Berkeley foundations are recommended!
The Sleep Sound Guarantee®
You can sleep soundly knowing that every product purchased from The Mattress & Sleep Company is brand new and has never been used or slept on. Mattresses, bedding and towels are personal use items and we believe you deserve to be assured these products are new.