Availability Update: Vispring production in Plymouth, England resumes on May 4th in a limited capacity. We are estimating a lead time of 8-12 weeks from receipt of your Vispring order. The Mattress & Sleep Co. also stocks a limited number of Vispring mattresses in Calgary and Edmonton for faster delivery.
Availability: In-Store Only (On display in Calgary & Edmonton)
(All Oxford Firmness Choices)
The Oxford mattress features pure platinum certified British fleece wool and cotton, along with long strand horsetail, with an overall firmer-feel compared to most Vispring models.
For over a century
Vispring pioneered the pocket spring in 1901, beginning more than a century of the finest bed building. The founding principles of quality and craftsmanship remain as Vispring's guiding tenets more than 100 years later. Today Vispring sets the standard for the production of sumptuous mattresses and sprung divans.
Individual comfort and support
Vispring mattresses are custom fit to your body type. Each model is available in soft, medium, firm and extra firm spring tensions. The spring system may be softer for one half and firmer for the other half to accommodate the needs of each sleeper.
Beautifully hand crafted from only the best natural fillings
The Oxford mattress contains generous helpings of pure British fleece wool and cotton along with genuine horsetail. There are no foams or synthetic contents of any kind. Every mattress is fully reversible to offer the longest service life possible.
Mattress support options
Vispring offers a range of functional foundations to support your Oxford mattress. The standard foundation is the Prestige divan, consisting of 1,330 pocketed springs (king size), on a screwed and glued timber frame. The box base is upholstered with a natural coconut coir pad and overlaid with 1,200 grams per square metre of blended British fleece wool and cotton.
For even more luxurious comfort consider upgrading to the Sovereign divan, or outfit your Prestige or Sovereign divan with custom upholstery, storage drawers and various underbed legs. Please visit The Mattress & Sleep Company to learn more.
The Oxford mattress will also work with most platform style beds. Vispring's Bedstead Mattress Pad is required when placing this mattress on a platform style bed.
- Oxford Mattress Technology:
- Individual calico cotton pocket spring construction
- Hand formed into a honeycomb nested unit
- Crafted from virgin Vanadium steel
- Spring diameter of 1.97 inches (50 mm)
- 1.24 mm wire in Soft
- 1.28 mm wire in Medium
- 1.42 mm wire in Firm
- 1.53 mm wire in Extra Firm
- 1,400 springs (queen)
- 1,800 springs (king), 2,556 springs with the matching De Luxe Divan
- Oxford Mattress Upholstery:
- Two-sided construction, a genuine reversible mattress
- Exclusive natural fillings
- Upholstered with 1,000 grams per square metre (gsm) of blended British fleece wool and cotton atop the pocketed springs
- Middle layer features 1,200 grams per square metre (gsm) of long strand horsetail
- Layer directly beneath outerticking is 1,200 grams per square metre (gsm) of blended British fleece wool and cotton
- Finest quality ticking
- Hand-tufted with felt washers
- Oxford Mattress Borders:
- Upholstered with protective wool
- 2 rows of genuine long needle hand stitching secures the springs to the mattress border
- Horizontal handles for rotation and flipping
- Air vents
- Depth of 9.1 inches (23.1 cm), 10.5 inches (26.7 cm) from crown to crown
- De Luxe Divan:
- Screwed and glued timber frame
- 756 hand nested pocket springs in king size
- Coconut coir insulation
- Blended British fleece wool and cotton
- Covered with your choice of finest quality ticking
- Divan with or without drawers or choice of four divan and box base heights
- Includes legs
- We recommend the Vispring bedstead pad when intending to use a Vispring mattress without the matching divan
- Made to Order - Handcrafted in Plymouth, England
Availability & Purchasing Advice
Vispring luxury beds are handmade to your exact requirements in Plymouth, England. Please allow 8-12 weeks for delivery. In-home placement and setup are included at no extra cost to most locations in Alberta.
Personalize Your Bed
If you decide that you have made the wrong choice of mattress spring tension, you may make a one-time exchange of your mattress for one of a different spring tension. The Comfort Promise is offered direct from Vispring in England. The Mattress & Sleep Company will facilitate the exchange arrangements on your behalf.
Divans, Boxbases & Legs
What is a divan?
Think of a divan as a luxury box spring or foundation. Unlike a regular North American foundation, a divan is intended as a finished piece of furniture and is very much part of the experience of Vispring. All divans and box bases offered by Vispring include the same pocket spring technology as their mattresses, in addition to layers of natural fillings to provide correct ergonomics, and long lasting comfort.
A divan includes legs, which affords simple installation and avoids the need for a bed frame. Vispring offers an array of leg types to suit any décor, in addition to many leg height options to further customize your Vispring to exacting requirements.
A variety of height options exist for each divan and box base. This allows a Vispring divan to fit in your existing North American style bed frame with ease.
Legs & Castors
All Vispring divans and box bases are available with legs, with the exception of the premium box base. The selection of leg designs, finishes and heights provides the opportunity to suit nearly any requirement.
Vispring beds may be matched to one of over twenty styles of upholstered luxury headboards. Each headboard is offered in nearly one hundred fabrics and leathers. When choosing a Vispring headboard, it is typical to match the fabric to that of the divan or boxspring. Finally, we add your choice of bed leg as the finishing touch.