Notice: When TMASC first introduced Berkeley Ergonomics in Canada, the Canadian Dollar was trading at $0.90 USD. Our pricing today on this brand is largely unchanged from 2014, even with the Canadian dollar now hovering around $0.75 USD. However, Berkeley Ergonomics have announced price increases for their product range effective May 15, 2017. The combination of these factors will require TMASC to increase our retail pricing on all Berkeley products. If the current pricing is important to you, please do consider purchasing prior to May 15, 2017.
(On Display in Calgary & Edmonton) or
Buy Securely Online (Delivery included to most locations across Canada)
Malmö offers stable yet flexible support, combining the supple comfort of natural Talalay latex with the elasticity of a honeycomb nested pocket coil system, featuring an exceptionally high count of nearly 1,500 springs in queen size and 2,000 in king size.
Finishing off the mattress you'll discover the same 100% organic cotton ticking and 100% organic French sheep's wool, providing optimal temperature and humidity regulation. All materials are certified to be free of harmful chemicals by the Oeko-Tex® Standard 100, ensuring a clean and healthy sleep environment.
Our Malmö mattress is very easily one of the very best value-for-money mattresses available anywhere in Canada under $2,000 in queen size. When compared to main stream mass production mattresses, it's easy to see how much thought was given to the design of this mattress. It might not be a super thick pillow top, yet because of the highly elastic nature of this design, it is every bit as cradling and comfortable without resorting to low density, brittle polyurethane foam layers.
- Layers from top to bottom:
- 100% Organic Cotton outer fabric
- 100% Organic French sheep's wool quilted to outer fabric
- 2" 100% Natural Talalay latex
- Manufactured by Radium Foam BV in The Netherlands
- European honeycomb nested pocket coils - steel, wrapped in polypropylene; a high performance, durable, breathable, moisture-wicking, non-toxic fabric
- Coil Counts:
- 1,484 Queen Size
- 1,908 King Size
- Zippered, removable outer cover
- Zero synthetic flame retardants
- Made in California, USA
|Malmö Mattress Height||8"||20 cm|
|Standard Foundation Heights||4" | 7" | 9"||10 | 18 | 23 cm|
|Suspension Foundation Heights||4" | 6 ½" | 9"||10 | 16.5 | 23 cm|
Also available for platform beds in a 2 ⅜" (6 cm) variant
Estimated Delivery, Shipping Costs & Availability
Queen, Queen RV (seasonal) and King size normally stocked in Calgary & Edmonton. For other sizes or when sold out, please allow approximately 3-5 weeks for delivery. Shipping and handing are included at no extra cost to most locations across Canada. Full in-home placement and setup are complimentary in the Calgary and Edmonton areas.
Berkeley Ergonomics Certificates
- Radium Vita Talalay latex (the type of latex found in all Berkeley Ergonomics mattresses and pillows) is Cradle to Cradle Gold Certified
- C2C certification is a review of the following areas:
- Material Health (Knowing the chemical ingredients of every material in a product, and optimizing towards safer materials - identify material as organic or synthetic)
- Material Re-utilization (Designing products made with materials that come from and can safely return to nature or industry)
- Renewable Energy & Carbon Management (Envisioning a future in which all manufacturing is powered by 100% clean renewable energy)
- Water Stewardship (Manage clean water as a precious resource and an essential human right)
- Social Fairness (Design operations to honour all people and natural systems affected by the creation, use, disposal or reuse of a product)
- More Information
- Certificate Link
- All textile components are Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 certified
- Organic Cotton knit: 93.0.3463
- Organic French Wool: 95.0.2251
- Backing materials: 94.0.7467
- Vita Talalay latex: 30007 - Class I, safe for babies (most competing Talalay is Class II or IV)
- Polypropylene spring fabric(s): 64930, 10.0.77270 & 10.0.81778
We recommend a sturdy, well-ventilated slat foundation for all mattresses. Berkeley Ergonomics offer three choices, in addition to any Green Sleep, Sleeptek or Vispring foundation. The best bases are active suspensions (such as the Berkeley Suspension, or Green Sleep and Vispring bases).
Suspension foundations are superior to rigid bases as they absorb energy, reducing pressure points while also providing for greatly improved ergonomic alignment and support.
Berkeley also offer a 2 ⅜" slat frame which will fit in most platform beds, allowing you to benefit from the suspension slats and their enhanced ergonomics when a platform bed would not normally fit a box spring.
For those looking to have an electric adjustable bed without sacrificing air circulation or support,
All wood used in these three foundations comes from sustainable PEFC and FSC certified sources in Canada and Germany.
About Vita Talalay
Berkeley Ergonomics feature Vita Talalay, made by Radium Foam BV in The Netherlands. This pair of videos demonstrate just how superior Vita Talalay is when compared to other foam types, including other latex varieties.
Rotate the mattress once or twice per year. Always use a protective mattress cover made of breathable natural materials. Ensure the mattress is supported by an adequate foundation which is slatted and breathable. The matching Berkeley foundations are recommended!
The Sleep Sound Guarantee®
You can sleep soundly knowing that every product purchased from The Mattress & Sleep Company is brand new and has never been used or slept on. Mattresses, bedding and towels are personal use items and we believe you deserve to be assured these products are new.