Memory Foam Mattresses
Memory foam mattresses are typically a good choice for those seeking maximum comfort at a minimal cost. Our Paarizaat CopperLite hybrid memory foam mattress is the perfect choice for such a purpose. It checks all of the boxes and compares favourably to just about any mass-market memory foam mattress brand, including the really expensive ones.
Our Paarizaat mattresses are loaded with features at an affordable price:
- Made in Canada
- Gently compressed & rolled for free delivery just about anywhere in Canada. Our local customers near our Calgary, Edmonton & Sherwood Park stores receive free in-home delivery & setup
- Copper-infused antimicrobial outer cover (Copperlite mattress)
- Gel-infused cooling gel memory foam
- Serene™ foam - one of the most-advanced polyurethane foams available today
- 1,100 (queen size) individually wrapped pocket coils, 3-zones with a firmer centre-third (Copperlite mattress)
- 20-year, non-prorated warranty
Custom Foam Mattresses in Edmonton & Calgary
The Mattress & Sleep Company is able to source many of our mattress models in custom dimensions. A great place to start is with our Paarizaat Custom Size Gel Foam Mattress. This foam mattress can be made in just about any size including obsolete sizing, waterbed sizes, RV sizes, and European mattress sizes.
Types of Foam Mattresses in Canada
There are many varieties of foam mattresses available in Canada today.
- Latex foam mattresses
- Natural latex (rubber tree milk)
- Synthetic latex (styrene-butadiene)
- Latex foam is made via the Talalay, Dunlop and Continuous Pour methods. When done correctly, Talalay latex is superior in every measurable way.
- We offer Vita Talalay latex, which is, in our opinion, the best latex on the planet.
- If you want an organic material, our t•masc mattresses feature 100% GOLS-certified organic Dunlop latex
- Learn more about latex foam in our latex foam guide
- High-quality latex foam is the most expensive type of foam found in mattresses, but it is also the most durable
- Latex foam is the most elastic foam. The Elastic Bed Principle explains why elasticity is the most important factor in choosing a great mattress
- Memory foam mattresses
- Memory foam is a type of polyurethane foam
- Memory foam mattresses will also include either a spring unit or standard foam beneath, or layered with, the memory foam
- Gel, cooling, copper and graphite foam are all types of polyurethane memory foam
- Memory foam is generally more durable than standard foam
- Memory foam is an inexpensive material and costs about the same to produce as standard foam
- Standard foam mattresses
- "Traditional" foam is polyurethane foam
- This foam type is found in virtually all mass-produced mattresses
- Many standard foam mattresses also have springs, latex or memory foam
- Some polyurethane foams claim to be made from plant-based materials. While it is possible to replace a portion of the petrochemical content with a plant-derived polyol, from a chemistry standpoint, these are no different from their oil-based counterparts and we consider this a form of "greenwashing"
- This is the lowest-cost type of foam to produce
- High-resiliency foam mattresses
- High-resiliency (HR) foam is a type of polyurethane foam
- HR foam is the most durable type of polyurethane foam
- Although HR foam is polyurethane foam, it is desirable as it mimics some of the characteristics of latex foam for not much more money than standard or memory foams cost to produce
- Rare in North America. You'll typically only find this material in Europe & Asia
To know which type(s) of foam a specific mattress contains, simply read the law label attached to the finished mattress.