The Chance 11" mattress is a beautifully handcrafted mattress that incorporates the highest quality, breathable, 100% certified organic materials. It provides an incredibly comfortable, dry, cool sleep for one or two sleep partners, based on individual tailoring for individual sleepers.
100% GOLS-certified organic Dunlop latex provides highly flexible and supportive layers. Cores can be purchased separately, which ensures the mattress can be altered at any given time. The Chance 11" mattress is available with a choice of soft, medium and firm core layers. Queen and king mattresses feature 2 split middle layers, allowing each individual sleeper to choose their own firmness. To keep it simple, we show three firmness choices online, but the reality is the Chance mattress offers over a dozen possible configurations.
As part of our Zippered Forever Bed™ collection, the Chance mattress features individual layers of GOLS-certified organic latex that may be flipped, rotated and replaced at any time during the lifespan of your mattress.
The Chance 11" is easily the most luxurious fully certified organic mattress that TMASC has ever offered. It offers an unparalleled range of freedom and flexibility in firmness options and customization. It also comes with a removable cover that can be easily spot cleaned and aired out. No harmful, fire-retardant chemicals. Instead, organic wool is quilted into the cover and is an all-natural fire barrier.
The outer cover is 100% stretch-knit organic cotton, quilted to resilient and moisture-wicking organic Corriedale sheep's wool. Both sides of the cover are quilted the same way so body indentations can be reduced by flipping the mattress and re-building the layers.
Dunlop latex has a progressive feel, becoming firmer the more it is compressed making it inherently more stable feeling than other latex production methods.
Availability: In-Store (On Display in Calgary, Edmonton & Sherwood Park) or
Buy Securely Online - Free Shipping Across Canada
(Ships direct to your door in easy-to-handle cardboard cartons, simply unpack each carton and assemble your t•masc organic mattress directly on your bed frame!)
Customizable Organic Mattress Details
- Cover details:
- 100% GOTS-certified organic cotton knit top, sides & bottom
- 100% GOTS-certified organic sheep's wool from Argentina, quilted to outer covering, on all sides
- Wool acts as a natural fire barrier without the use of potentially risky alternatives
- The cover is removable & reversible to allow you to flip and rotate the individual rubber layers
- 11" total of 100% GOLS-certified organic rubber tree latex, consisting of four layers:
- 2" soft organic rubber tree latex top layer
- 3" organic rubber tree latex core, choice of soft, medium or firm
- Additional 3" organic rubber tree latex core, choice of soft, medium or firm for each sleeper
- 3" firm organic rubber tree latex base layer
- Zero styrene-butadiene (synthetic latex) content
- Extremely durable, flexible and resilient
- Naturally antibacterial, antimicrobial, hypoallergenic, mould and dust mite resistant
- Available as a mattress only, with a matching foundation and also compatible with an electric adjustable bed
- Total mattress height of approximately 12" | 30 cm
- 10-year, non-prorated warranty
- Made in Ottawa, Canada by Obasan
Firmness & Elasticity At a Glance
(Soft Chance 11")
(Medium Chance 11"
(Firm Chance 11")
(All Firmness Choices)
The Chance 11" Organic Mattress is a Zippered Forever Bed™
A rational alternative to a typical trial period
Our mattress exchange policies have been carefully crafted to avoid passing on costs to our customers who do not require a comfort adjustment.
What is a Zippered Forever Bed™? It's a mattress with replaceable, modular components! Since 2008, The Mattress & Sleep Company has offered this style of mattress. Our stores in Calgary, Edmonton, and Sherwood Park each display and stock our modular mattress collection.
There are several unique benefits to a Zippered Forever Bed™:
- One no-cost component exchange between 30 and 120 nights on all Zippered Forever Beds. Learn more about The Sleep Sound Guarantee® here.
- A Zippered Forever Bed™ reduces the risk of choosing the wrong mattress. Most people are happy with their new mattress between 30 and 90 nights. However, many are unhappy with polyurethane pillow top and memory foam mattresses once they begin to settle in (typically in the 6-month to 2-year timeframe). While our highly elastic mattresses work well for almost everyone, occasionally we need to make an incremental change in firmness. The modular construction of a Zippered Forever Bed™ allows for these fine adjustments without resorting to returning the mattress and starting over again.
- Transparency. The ability to unzip and access the internal mattress components leaves nothing hidden or lost in translation.
- Easier to move. A Zippered Forever Bed™ may be taken apart and moved in pieces. Even a heavy king mattress is quite manageable and will fit in places that other beds may not.
- Individual components may be replaced separately (not all mattress materials wear at the same rate!)
- Many of the components found within our Zippered Forever Beds™ may be rotated and turned individually, resulting in more even wear and longer mattress life. This style of maintenance is considerably more thorough than the alternatives. One-sided mattresses may only be rotated 180° while traditional two-sided mattresses can be rotated and turned.
- Mattress warranties do not cover comfort. A Zippered Forever Bed™ may be changed at any time in the future at a lower cost than purchasing a new mattress.
When we say "forever" we really do mean it. Simply replace individual components as necessary. A Zippered Forever Bed™ features materials such as pocket springs, 100% natural latex, and cotton covers, all of which are available separately.
* - Please review the full terms and conditions of our trial period on The Sleep Sound Guarantee® page.
t•masc (Obasan) Certificates & Testing
- Latex (GOLS)
- Latex - General Overview from Arpico (Obasan's latex supplier)
- Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 - Class 1
- LGA - Landesgewerbeanstalt Bayern (evaluates the durability and resilience characteristics of the natural latex. Score: 99/100
- ABC Labs USA (evaluates the antibacterial efficacy of the natural latex)
- Stork - Twin City Corp., USA (evaluates the body interface pressure of the natural latex)
- Cotton (GOTS)
- Wool (GOTS)
Recommended Support for t•masc Mattresses
A firm, flat, level surface or electric adjustable bed. All platform beds from The Mattress & Sleep Company work well with t•masc mattresses. For a traditional boxspring/foundation, choose from the Berkeley Ergonomics standard or suspension slat foundation or the t•masc foundation.
If you are planning on placing your t•masc mattress on a foundation or platform bed purchased elswhere please check with us first to ensure that it is suitable.
Dimensions for our most popular boxspring types. Visit us in-store for custom sizes and additional selection.
Simply add the mattress height to any of the heights listed below for a total bed height. If you're placing one of these foundations on an existing bed frame, be sure to include the height from the floor to the support structure of your existing bed to determine the total bed height.
|Foundation Heights (Imperial)
|Foundation Heights (Metric)
|Total Height w/ Legs
|Berkeley Standard Slat Foundation
|Berkeley Suspension Slat Foundation (our best-selling boxspring)
|Harrison Spinks Premium Foundation
|4" | 10 cm
|12" | 30 cm
|7" | 18 cm
10" | 25 cm
|Beaudoin Breeze Platform Bed
w/ legs installed
w/ legs installed
|14 ⅝" (height to top of upholstered side rails)
|Ergomotion 330 Adjustable Bed
|Varies from 11 to 16"
|Ergomotion 390 Adjustable Bed (our best-selling electric base)
|Varies from 11 to 16"
Platform Bed & Boxspring Guide (opens in new tab)
Estimated Delivery, Shipping Costs & Availability
This item is not regularly stocked and is Made to Order.
Lead Times for Out-of-Stock & Special Orders
All t•masc products which are not regularly stocked are typically delivered within 3-5 weeks to most locations across Canada. Please Send Us a Message should your needs be time sensitive and we will do our best to help.
In-stock t•masc mattresses are made available to our local customers for pick up and delivery. If you're located elsewhere in Canada, we will have your new t•masc mattress produced and sent directly from the factory in Ottawa.
Delivery Costs & Available Services
In-home delivery and setup of your new t•masc mattress is included at no extra cost in the Calgary and Edmonton areas, in addition to the Ottawa area as Obasan's factory is located there. In addition, our professional delivery teams are able to travel to most locations in Alberta for a reasonable cost.
Removal of your existing mattress, bed frame and furniture is also available upon request.
Located elsewhere in Canada? t•masc mattresses qualify for free shipping to most locations across Canada.
t•masc courier-eligible bedding and pillow orders qualify for free shipping to most locations across Canada on orders of $100 or more.
Organic Bed in a Box
All t•masc mattresses are modular and delivered in multiple courier-eligible cartons, which means that even if you're not near one of our stores in Alberta or the Obasan factory in Ottawa, receiving delivery of your new t•masc mattress is simple! The modular design makes it easy to carry your new mattress into your home in several pieces. All that is required is to place the organic rubber layers inside of the organic cotton and wool cover, zip the cover closed and you're all set. Even a king t•masc mattress can easily be a one-person job if necessary!
General Availability Advice
The Mattress & Sleep Company is a family owned and operated business based in Alberta, Canada. We specialize in high-quality bedding, bath and mattresses from Canada, Europe and the USA. Our vast selection makes it impossible to stock everything. For this reason, our website does not offer real-time inventory availability as many of our products are made to order.
Please read the availability details above as we do make an effort to draw attention to products which are typically in stock in our Calgary, Edmonton and Sherwood Park stores and warehouses.
The Sleep Sound Guarantee®
We shop our competition on a regular basis to ensure The Mattress & Sleep Company offers competitive prices 365 days a year. However, it is impossible to guarantee we're always the lowest price out there. For this reason, we'll match or beat* any authorized retailer's advertised or privately quoted price.
If you've found what appears to be the same product for a lower price, Submit a Price Match Request. We would be delighted to work with you to earn your business.