With a contemporary deck-on-deck fixed frame furniture design, the new second-generation Orthex Sophia 2 adjustable bed provides a sleek, innovative design that challenges the idea of the typical unattractive home care electric bed.
Full range independently controlled head incline and foot elevation functions are coupled with a separate lumbar support feature that provides additional back health benefits.
The Sophia 2 is a well-made and thoughtfully designed adjustable bed that will provide many years of comfort.
Please note that our Alberta stores specifically show and stock the Orthex Sophia 4 adjustable bed. While the Sophia 4 does have many unique features, the common features shared between the two electric bed models look and function identically, making the Sophia 4 a perfectly suitable demonstration bed for the Sophia 2.
Orthex Sophia 2 Adjustable Bed Features
- Deck-on-deck fixed frame furniture design
- Contemporary appearance - looks like a finished piece of furniture
- Light grey water-resistant upholstery fabric
- Wireless remote
- Unique safety features
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery backup (power outage protection)
- Water-resistant upholstery
- Finger protection (anti-pinch) mechanism
- Optional safety rails:
- Integrated mounting locations (4 head-end attachment location options)
- Choice of fixed side rails or retractable side rails
- Durable steel, finished in black
- Full-range head & foot articulation
- High-efficiency ultra-quiet motors
- Innovative smooth mechanisms
- Head inline of up to 68°
- Foot elevation of up to 9"
- Lumbar support articulation
- A motorized support feature to help aid in the ergonomic alignment of your adjustable bed
- The lumbar function is independently engaged separately from all other articulating features
- Provides up to 4" of lumbar extension for enhanced back health support from your mattress
- 6 USB charging ports
- 2 legacy USB Type A ports
- 1 USB Type C port
- Easily accessible on the exterior of frame
- Duplicate set of ports on each side of bed (6 ports total)
- Massage function
- Two massage motors (one under head end, one under foot end)
- Lift capacities
- Twin XL: 800 lbs (365 kg)
- Motor quantities
- Twin XL: 3 motors
- Fixed-height round legs
- Steel finished in black
- 5 legs total per bed (10 if configuring 2x Twin XL for Split King operation)
- Contemporary matte-black mattress head & foot retainers included (prevent the mattress from sliding off)
- Made in China
- Mattress sold separately
Orthex Sophia Adjustable Bed Warranty
- Lifetime structural warranty
- 3 years on all electrical & mechanical components
Estimated Delivery, Shipping Costs & Availability
Lead times for all Orthex products are typically 2 to 6 business days to just about any location in Canada.
Delivery is included at no extra cost to most locations across Canada on courier-eligible orders of $100 or more.
General Availability Advice
The Mattress & Sleep Company is a family owned and operated business based in Alberta, Canada. We specialize in high-quality bedding, bath and mattresses from Canada, Europe and the USA. Our vast selection makes it impossible to stock everything. For this reason, our website does not offer real-time inventory availability as many of our products are made to order.
Please read the availability details above as we do make an effort to draw attention to products which are typically in stock in our Calgary, Edmonton and Sherwood Park stores and warehouses.
The Sleep Sound Guarantee®
We shop our competition on a regular basis to ensure The Mattress & Sleep Company offers competitive prices 365 days a year. However, it is impossible to guarantee we're always the lowest price out there. For this reason, we'll match or beat* any authorized retailer's advertised or privately quoted price.
If you've found what appears to be the same product for a lower price, Submit a Price Match Request. We would be delighted to work with you to earn your business.