The new second-generation Orthex Sophia 4 adjustable bed is a genuinely unique electrically height-adjustable bed.
Whether for comfort and ease of movement for individuals in need of extended home care or for those simply looking for an adjustable bed that is able to fully raise and lower the entire platform, the Sophia 4 is tremendously versatile.
With a contemporary deck-on-deck fixed frame furniture design, the Sophia 4 adjustable bed is an attractive piece of furniture that doesn't look anything like the typical home care hospital-style bed.
The Sophia 4 is capable of electric height adjustable of the entire bed up to 30" from the floor. With a typical 10" mattress, the top of the bed would extend up to 40" from the floor. A thicker mattress would provide additional height.
Fully tilt the bed from head-to-toe with the Reverse Trendelenburg function, or Trendelenburg, with the foot end higher, and the head end lower. Even when configured in the Trendelenburg position, the traditional lumbar support, head incline and foot elevation functions remain available to use.
The Sophia 4 is incredibly over-engineered and will provide years of superior-quality home care and therapeutic benefits.
The Sophia 4 requires delivery and setup by specialized, highly trained professional delivery teams. Our local customers in the Calgary & Edmonton regions will receive such service.
If ordering online, please note that we will only process your order after you've provided us with contact details for a qualified mover to receive and install your Sophia 4 adjustable bed. The Mattress & Sleep Company includes the cost of freight to deliver to your mover, and you will be responsible for paying your mover the cost of delivery & installation.
Orthex Sophia 4 Adjustable Bed Features
- Deck-on-deck fixed frame furniture design
- Contemporary appearance - looks like a finished piece of furniture
- Light grey water-resistant upholstery fabric
- Wireless remote
- Unique safety features
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery backup (power outage protection)
- Water-resistant upholstery
- Finger protection (anti-pinch) mechanism
- Optional safety rails:
- Integrated mounting locations (4 head-end attachment location options)
- Choice of fixed side rails or retractable side rails
- Durable steel, finished in black
- Full hospital-style height adjustment
- The entire bed is capable of raising up to 30"
- 30" height is from floor to top of bed platform
- Your mattress height is added to the 30" figure to determine the total height from the floor
- Example: with a 10" mattress, the Sophia 4 adjustable would be up to 40" from the floor to the top of the mattress when fully raised
- Full-range head & foot articulation
- High-efficiency ultra-quiet motors
- Innovative smooth mechanisms
- Head inline of up to 68°
- Foot elevation of up to 9"
- Lumbar support articulation
- A motorized support feature to help aid in the ergonomic alignment of your adjustable bed
- The lumbar function is independently engaged separately from all other articulating features
- Provides up to 4" of lumbar extension for enhanced back health support from your mattress
- Trendelenburg articulation
- Unique fully angled bed positions
- Trendelenburg (Up to 16°)
- Reverse Trendelenburg (Up to 16°)
- 6 USB charging ports
- 2 legacy USB Type A ports
- 1 USB Type C port
- Easily accessible on the exterior of frame
- Duplicate set of ports on each side of bed (6 ports total)
- Massage function
- Two massage motors (one under head end, one under foot end)
- Lift capacities
- Twin XL: 800 lbs (365 kg)
- Double & Queen: 850 lbs (385 kg)
- Motor quantities
- Twin XL: 5 motors
- Double & Queen: 7 motors
- Highly specialized lockable wheels
- Wheel design provides incredible stability
- 2 lockable wheels at each corner of the bed
- 360° rotation
- 8 wheels total per bed (16 if configuring 2x Twin XL for Split King operation)
- Contemporary matte-black mattress head & foot retainers included (prevent the mattress from sliding off)
- Made in China
- Mattress sold separately
Orthex Sophia Adjustable Bed Warranty
- Lifetime structural warranty
- 3 years on all electrical & mechanical components
Estimated Delivery, Shipping Costs & Availability
Lead times for all Orthex products are typically 2 to 6 business days to just about any location in Canada.
Delivery is included at no extra cost to most locations across Canada on courier-eligible orders of $100 or more.
General Availability Advice
The Mattress & Sleep Company is a family owned and operated business based in Alberta, Canada. We specialize in high-quality bedding, bath and mattresses from Canada, Europe and the USA. Our vast selection makes it impossible to stock everything. For this reason, our website does not offer real-time inventory availability as many of our products are made to order.
Please read the availability details above as we do make an effort to draw attention to products which are typically in stock in our Calgary, Edmonton and Sherwood Park stores and warehouses.
The Sleep Sound Guarantee®
We shop our competition on a regular basis to ensure The Mattress & Sleep Company offers competitive prices 365 days a year. However, it is impossible to guarantee we're always the lowest price out there. For this reason, we'll match or beat* any authorized retailer's advertised or privately quoted price.
If you've found what appears to be the same product for a lower price, Submit a Price Match Request. We would be delighted to work with you to earn your business.