This amazing wool has been specially milled by a European process to make it completely machine washable (and dryable) without shrinking. Typical wool pads need to be dry cleaned, or at best hand washed. St Dormeir protectors have all the convenience of polyester fills, but you can now sleep on natural wool with all its famous characteristics. Breathability keeps you cool in the summer, and cozy in the winter, and it lasts years longer than polyester. Wool is even naturally flame retardant.
St Dormeir Protectors are made with 77% Cotton, 23% Polyester Terry Covers, filled with virgin sheep's wool. The mattress skirt is the same terry material all the way to the elastic edges, unlike most pads. They are moisture-absorbent, and they are also very soft to sleep on. For spill protection in an all-natural protector consider the Natura or Obasan wool puddle/moisture pads.
If you're not sure which mattress protector to go with, this is the best choice for all mattresses which do not already contain wool. The St. Dormeir uses relatively stretchy terry fabric for comfort however any quilted protector will typically firm up the surface of a very soft natural mattress with a stretchy fabric, we would then recommend an organic cotton stretch knit protector such as the Berkeley Ergonomics Organic Cotton Protector.
- 77% Cotton, 23% Polyester Terry Cover
- 100% Virgin Wool Fill
- 150 grams / Square Metre Wool Fill (4.5 oz / Square Yard)
- Machine Washable - see below for care instructions
- 16" Drop: Recommended for mattresses less than 11" deep
- 24" Drop: Recommended for mattresses 11" to 18" deep
- Fabric is Made in Spain
- Standard sizes (Twin, Twin XL, Double, Queen, King and Cal. King) are Sewn in Spain
- Custom sizes (Half Queen, 3/4, Double XL, etc) are Sewn in Canada
It is critical that the new-generation St Dormeir is cared for according to these instructions:
- Machine wash: Your St. Dormeir protector must be washed in a cycle with low agitation, high spin, warm water only. Wash only in a front-loading machine or a top-loading machine without an agitator. Check your washer's manual for a short cycle with less agitation, and a high spin
- Wash a full load Fill the washing machine to the maximum with St. Dormeir products. If needed, add towels to achieve a full load.
- Use an Enzyme-Free Detergent Use an enzyme-free detergent such as Eucalan Fine Fabric Wash.
- Hang to dry Dormeir protectors generally dry overnight, and this is the best way to protect them. Drape over a shower rod, a door top, or even across a couple of kitchen chairs.
- Dry clean Dry cleaning works well on St. Dormeir products and will ensure their fit and function for years to come. Please note, that the original label states 'do not dry clean' - but a recent update to the product makes them safe to dry clean.
Using a high-quality specialty detergent with lanolin content such as Eucalan Fine Fabric Wash is a great way to maintain woollen items. The natural lanolin content found in Eucalan will help condition the wool fibres to ensure optimal humidity regulation.
This item is covered by the manufacturer's 3-year warranty against defects in workmanship. The Mattress & Sleep Company will act on your behalf in the event of any potential warranty claim.
Eucalan Fine Fabric Wash
Eucalan Delicate Wash is non-toxic, biodegradable, free of optical brighteners, phosphates, synthetic fragrance and dye. Eucalan is Made in Canada and is safe for use with virtually any fabric and for use in high-efficiency (HE) front load washers, traditional top-load or for hand washing.
Estimated Delivery, Shipping Costs & Availability
Varieties Which Are Typically In-Stock
St Dormeir Fitted Mattress Protectors are typically stocked in virtually all listed sizes in at least one of our Calgary, Edmonton and Sherwood Park stores. Please see the lead times below for situations when St Dormeir Fitted Mattress Protectors are sold out or for all other colours and sizes not listed here.
Lead Times for Out-of-Stock & Special Orders
Unless otherwise noted on this page, St Geneve bedding is made to order. Duvets and pillows typically arrive within 2-4 weeks, while bed linens typically arrive within 3-5 weeks. Please Send Us a Message should your needs be time sensitive.
Delivery is included at no extra cost to most locations across Canada on St Geneve orders of $100 or more.
General Availability Advice
The Mattress & Sleep Company is a family owned and operated Canadian retailer. We specialize in high-quality bedding, bath and mattresses from Canada, Europe and the USA. Our vast selection makes it impossible to stock everything. For this reason, our website does not offer real-time inventory availability as many of our products are made to order.
Please read the availability details above as we do make an effort to draw attention to products which are typically in stock in our Calgary, Edmonton and Sherwood Park stores and warehouses.
For time-sensitive needs, please give us a call Toll-Free on 1 (877) 750-1212 or Send us a Message and we will be delighted to help.
St Geneve Clearance Sheeting & Sheet Sets
Be sure to check out our St Geneve Clearance Sheeting & Sheet Sets page, where select in-stock St Geneve duvet covers, sheets, and pillowcases are discounted by 15-50%.