(On Display & Stocked in Calgary and Edmonton) or
Buy Securely Online (Delivery & In-Home Setup Included in the Calgary & Edmonton Areas, $125 Shipping Fee Elsewhere in Canada)
Queen & King sizes are temporarily sold out - ETA is November 15, 2019. Order now and we'll ship just as soon as they arrive.
Hard Bed is Certified Hard.
Hard Bed is a revolutionary solution in firm support sleeping. Manufactured in the largest, most consistent-quality mattress facility in the world, Hard Bed combines the newest sleep technologies with proven traditional craftsmanship. In fact, Hard Bed is one of the only fully reversible, two-sided mattresses available in Canada.
Your Hard Bed features a layer of 3.4 lb high-resilience (HR) Smart Foam quilted to both the top and bottom fabric panels. Sandwiched between the incredible Smart Foam is an 8" layer of extra-firm foam to provide ever-lasting support.
Everyone knows that mattresses used to last 15 or 20 years. What everyone forgets is that mattresses used to be flippable. This is why Hard Bed has returned to this style. Simply flip your Hard Bed (which will be easier to do after you've toughened-up your back), once every 6 months to maintain incredible support for years to come.
Why no springs? When designing the ultimate in firm beds, springs are simply not desirable. An ultra-firm spring unit ends up causing far too many pressure points, where-as our combination of unique high-resilience Smart Foam and an extra-firm support core ensure that excess pressure points are less of a risk.
Hard Bed™ Mattress Specifications
- Layers from top to bottom:
- Zippered, quilted, removable double jacquard outer cover (top and bottom)
- High-resilience (HR) Smart Foam quilted to top outer cover
- 8" Extra-firm foam core
- High-resilience (HR) Smart Foam quilted to bottom outer cover
- Mattress is fully symmetrical, may be turned, flipped or rotated for use on both top and bottom
- This old-school way of building a mattress will provide a considerably longer mattress life than modern one-sided mattresses
- Hard Bed is super easy to flip due to the rigidity of the extra-firm foam
- Total height of approximately 9"
- CertiPUR-US® Certified
- Foam made without ozone depleters
- Made without PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP ("Tris") flame retardants
- Made without mercury, lead, and other heavy metals
- Made without formaldehyde
- Made without phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions for indoor air quality (less than 0.5 parts per million)
- Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 Certified
- Easy delivery & setup
- Ships via courier, vacuum packed and rolled to be compact and easy to move, even in king size!
- Delivered in an eco-friendly recyclable cardboard carton
- Simply unbox, place on your bed frame or the floor, gently cut the inner-plastic wrap and watch your Hard Bed expand, ready for action
- Designed in Canada by The Mattress & Sleep Company
- Made in China by Healthcare Co. Ltd.
Estimated Delivery, Shipping Costs & Availability
This mattress is rolled and shipped in an easy-to-handle cardboard carton and will arrive via a standard courier such as UPS or Fedex.
If you'd like deluxe in-home setup, this service is available in the Calgary & Edmonton areas at no additional charge, and is also available in select other areas for a nominal fee. During the online checkout process, you'll have the option of selecting in-home setup if this option exists in your area.
Q? Hard Bed is too hard. Can I return it?
No. It's called Hard Bed. Sometimes, life is hard. Please do not order this mattress unless you are wanting an extremely firm mattress.
Q? How does Hard Bed arrive?
Hard Bed is conveniently vacumm-compressed and rolled in a manageable carton. We recommend removing Hard Bed from the carton as it's much easier to lift and move out of the packaging. There is a plastic sleeve around the mattress which prevents it from expanding and unrolling. Simply place where you intend to use Hard Bed, and then carefully cut along the plastic sleeve to open Hard Bed up. Our delivery company will do all of this for you, if we're delivering in our local Calgary & Edmonton store areas.
Any firm, flat, level surface or electric adjustable bed. So long as your box spring isn't sagging, it will work just fine with your Hard Bed mattress. If you're planning to use this mattress on a platform style bed simply ensure your platform has sufficient support such as a solid surface or slats no more than 3" apart. Bowed/curved slats are also fine! However, these slats might make your Hard Bed feel a touch softer.
Warranty & Care Instructions
Your Hard Bed mattress is covered by a 10 year prorated limited warranty. The Mattress & Sleep Company and Healthcare Co. Ltd. will address any covered manufacturers defect at any time during the first 10 years of Hard Bed ownership.
Please rotate your Hard Bed once every 6 months, and flip it over once per year. Consider using a St Dormeir Mattress Protector to ensure your Hard Bed stays hygenic for years to come. St Dormeir protectors also provide superior temperature and humidity regulation to ensure you sleep in the optimal climate conditions!
Dimensions & Weights
- Twin/Single Mattress
- 39" wide x 75" long x 9" thick
- 99 x 190 x 23 cm
- 38 lbs | 17 kg (approximate)
- Twin XL Mattress
- 39" wide x 80" long x 9" thick
- 99 x 203 x 23 cm
- 41 lbs | 19 kg (approximate)
- Double/Full Mattress
- 54" wide x 75" long x 9" thick
- 137 x 190 x 23 cm
- 52 lbs | 24 kg (approximate)
- Queen Mattress
- 60" wide x 80" long x 9" thick
- 152 x 203 x 23 cm
- 61 lbs | 28 kg (approximate)
- King Mattress
- 76" wide x 80" long x 9" thick
- 193 x 203 x 23 cm
- 80 lbs | 36 kg (approximate)
Unboxing Hard Bed
Hard Bed ships from Calgary or Edmonton direct to your door in a compact, easy-to-handle recyclable carton. Tight on space? No problem! Because Hard Bed is compressed and rolled, it's easy to move. Simply place the carton near where you'll be setting up and open it up. Follow along with our unboxing photos below!
Tap the centre-right or centre-left edges of the images below to move back/forward through the unboxing steps.
Your Hard Bed will expand and assume it's natural shape in about 5 minutes. It's ready to sleep on right away, however, please allow two full days for Hard Bed to recover to 100% of it's original firmness from the factory.