Availability: In-Store Only (Stocked in most sizes in Calgary & Edmonton - No-Cost Delivery in Calgary & Edmonton) - Online orders may be placed only for delivery in our local areas, or for pick-up from our stores.
A special opportunity - while supplies lastth. In-Store Only.
Berkeley Ergonomics have created a Canadian Special Mattress for The Mattress & Sleep Company. This mattress is loosely based on our ever-popular Malmo model. The two key differences is that the zippered, removable cover has been replaced with a more-traditional sealed cover and a slightly thinner wire in the European honeycomb nested pocketed coils. The result? Perhaps one of the very-best value-for-money mattresses we've ever offered in our company history.
The offered pricing is good as long as supply lasts. The pricing is so good that we are offering this Canadian Special mattress to In-Store Customers Only. We are unable to ship this model outside of the Calgary & Edmonton areas.
- Layers from top to bottom:
- 100% Organic Cotton outer fabric
- 100% Plein-Air French wool quilted to inside of outer fabric
- Plein-Air - These sheep live outdoors year-round
- Produces a more curly, longer fibre
- Superior to mechanically crimped wool, does not matte down as easily
- 2" 100% Natural Talalay latex
- Manufactured by Radium Foam BV in The Netherlands
- European honeycomb nested pocket coils - steel, wrapped in polypropylene; a high performance, durable, breathable, moisture-wicking, non-toxic fabric
- Coil Counts:
- 1,484 Queen Size
- 1,908 King Size
- Non-removable outer cover
- Zero synthetic flame retardants
- 100% adjustable-bed compatible
- Made in California, USA
Estimated Delivery, Shipping Costs & Availability
Twin/Single, Twin XL, Double/Full, Queen, and King size normally stocked in Calgary & Edmonton. When sold out, please allow approximately 3-5 weeks for delivery. Full in-home placement and setup are complimentary in the Calgary and Edmonton areas.
This mattress is available in-store only.
While supplies last. Limited availability model, dictated by raw material availability.
About Vita Talalay
Berkeley Ergonomics feature Vita Talalay, made by Radium Foam BV in The Netherlands. This pair of videos demonstrate the superiority of Vita Talalay compared to other foam types, including other latex varieties.
Berkeley Ergonomics Certificates
- Radium Vita Talalay latex (the type of latex found in all Berkeley Ergonomics mattresses and pillows) is Cradle to Cradle Gold Certified
- C2C certification is a review of the following areas:
- Material Health (Knowing the chemical ingredients of every material in a product, and optimizing towards safer materials - identify material as organic or synthetic)
- Material Re-utilization (Designing products made with materials that come from and can safely return to nature or industry)
- Renewable Energy & Carbon Management (Envisioning a future in which all manufacturing is powered by 100% clean renewable energy)
- Water Stewardship (Manage clean water as a precious resource and an essential human right)
- Social Fairness (Design operations to honour all people and natural systems affected by the creation, use, disposal or reuse of a product)
- More Information
- C2C Certificate Link
- Latex (ECO Institut)
- Latex (Rainforest Alliance)
- Green energy (wind)
- Cotton (GOTS)
- Organic Cotton Stretch Knit - Medizinisch Getestet certificate - The fabric for Berkeley mattresses and mattress protectors is made from Organic Cotton Stretch and is certified by Medizinisch Getestet Schadstoffgepruft. Medically tested for toxins.
- Organic Cotton Stretch Knit - Naturtextil Certification - The raw organic cotton used for the cotton knit in Berkeley mattress covers and protectors is long staple and Mattes and Ammann are Berkeley's exclusive supplier. "Naturtextil BEST" certification means it is a holistic standard. It values environmental and social criteria along the entire textile production chain.
- Wool (GOTS)
- All textile components are Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 certified
- Cotton knit: 93.0.3463
- French Wool: 95.0.2251
- Backing materials: 94.0.7467
- Vita Talalay latex: 30007 - Class I, safe for babies (most competing Talalay is Class II or IV)
- Polypropylene spring fabric(s): 64930, 10.0.77270 & 10.0.81778
- Belgian visco (Eucavisco® is used in our London & Monaco mattress models only): 0110048
- CertiPUR-US (Eucavisco® is used in our London & Monaco mattress models only)
- Wood (boxsprings/slat systems) - All wood is sourced from FSC certified sources in Canada and Germany
We recommend a sturdy, well-ventilated slat foundation for all mattresses. Berkeley Ergonomics offer three choices. The highest performing foundation is the Berkeley Ergonomics suspension foundation.
Suspension foundations are superior to rigid bases as they absorb energy, reducing pressure points while also providing for greatly improved ergonomic alignment and support. They'll even extend the life of your mattress.
Berkeley also offer a 2 ⅜" slat frame which will fit in most platform beds, allowing you to benefit from the suspension slats and their enhanced ergonomics when a platform bed would not normally fit a box spring.
All Berkeley Ergonomics mattresses are 100% compatible with electric adjustable beds.
All wood used in these three foundations comes from sustainable PEFC and FSC certified sources in Canada and Germany.
We Recommend Formesse Fitted Sheets
The highest performing fitted sheet for your Berkeley Ergonomics mattress is a Formesse Bella Donna fitted sheet. Your BE mattress features a knit organic cotton fabric outer covering, which is very stretchy and elastic. Typical sheets are woven (ie: sateen or percale), which can result in excess surface tension. Formesse sheets, Made in Germany, are different. They are stretch-knit, just like the Berkeley mattress fabric. This combination results in the most elastic, highest performing sleep surface possible today.
Knit fabrics are also more breathable than woven fabrics, which results in better temperature and humidity regulation.