Hard Bed FAQ
Q? How much is delivery?
Delivery of Hard Bed is
$125 per mattress included at no extra cost, to most locations across Canada. A surcharge may apply for remote locations (ie: Yukon, Northwest Territories, Nunavut & Labrador).
Q? Hard Bed is too hard. Can I return it?
No. It's called Hard Bed. Please do not order unless you are wanting an extremely firm mattress.
Q? How does Hard Bed arrive?
Hard Bed is conveniently vacuum-compressed and rolled in a manageable carton. We recommend removing Hard Bed from the carton as it's much easier to lift and move out of the packaging. There is a plastic sleeve around the mattress which prevents it from expanding and unrolling. Simply place where you intend to use Hard Bed, and then carefully cut along the plastic sleeve to open Hard Bed up. Our delivery company will do all of this for you, if we're delivering in our local Calgary & Edmonton store areas.
- Place Your Order
- Place your order securely online, or call us toll-free on 1-877-750-1212.
- Our team will prepare your order for dispatch. This typically happens within 1-2 business days of receiving your order.
- Your payment method will be charged once your mattress is prepared for shipment.
- Dispatched & En-route
- Once your shipment has been arranged, we'll automatically update your order status and provide you with a tracking number.
- Estimated arrival dates are indeed estimates. Although these quoted dates are accurate the vast majority of the time, please do check the status of your tracking number periodically.
- If your order has multiple items, you may receive each item on different days. Each individual box will have it's own tracking number.
- Out For Delivery
- Once your tracking number shows "Out for Delivery", our courier partner will make a delivery attempt that day between 9 am and 7 pm.
- Due to the value of the mattress, we require a signature for delivery.
- In some cases, a delivery notice will be left with further instructions.
If no one is typically home during the day, please consider having Hard Bed shipped to your place of employment. Hard Bed will easily fit in most vehicles for easy transport. Smaller cars may need to have the outer cardboard carton removed so that the mattress will fit on the back seat or in the trunk with the seats folded down.
Unboxing Hard Bed
Hard Bed ships from Calgary or Edmonton direct to your door in a compact, easy-to-handle recyclable carton. Tight on space? No problem! Because Hard Bed is compressed and rolled, it's easy to move. Simply place the carton near where you'll be setting up and open it up. Follow along with our unboxing photos below!
Tap the centre-right or centre-left edges of the images below to move back/forward through the unboxing steps.
Your Hard Bed will expand and assume it's natural shape in just a few minutes. It's ready to sleep on right away, however, please allow two full days for Hard Bed to recover to 100% of it's original firmness from the factory.
Hard Bed Mattress Weights
Q? How much does Hard Bed weigh?
All weights include the carton and are approximate.
- Twin/Single Mattress - 38 lbs | 17 kg
- Double/Full Mattress - 52 lbs | 24 kg
- Queen Mattress - 61 lbs | 28 kg
- King Mattress - 80 lbs | 36 kg
Why is Hard Bed Made in China and not in Canada?
From the moment we came up with our solution to Firm Support Sleeping, one of our goals was to have Hard Bed manufactured in Canada. Unfortunately, we have not found a manufacturer in Canada capable of producing Hard Bed to our specification and quality standard.
We have made contact with virtually every mattress manufacturer from coast to coast and have provided our exacting specification to each of them, with the hope of finding a partner. However, to this date, we have not yet found a manufacturer in Canada capable of producing Hard Bed to the level of quality that we feel is necessary for such a unique mattress.
We understand that China does not perhaps have the best reputation when it comes to quality goods. However, in this specific circumstance, we can unequivocally state that Hard Bed would not be the unique high-quality solution that it is, if it were made anywhere else.
The Mattress & Sleep Company is still committed to our goal of having Hard Bed manufactured in Canada in the future. We continue to have dialogue with manufacturers across Canada. If there is a manufacturer that can produce our specification and meet or exceed the quality of our current manufacturer in China, we will gladly make the change to Canadian manufacturing. It isn't even a question of price - we know it will cost more to produce in Canada and we're prepared to pay more for Canadian manufacturing!
Our number-one priority is to offer our customers the best-performing extra-firm mattress in Canada. On this requirement, we will not compromise on the materials used to make Hard Bed, even if that means having it manufactured in a different country.