Crafted from the same Plein-Air French sheep's wool, organic cotton and natural Talalay latex found in all Berkeley Ergonomics mattresses. Filled with 500 grams of wool per square metre, the organic pillow top will breathe and regulate temperature and humidity exceptionally well.
Many consumers have had negative experiences with expensive pillow-top mattresses that sag well before expected. Those mattresses typically use low-elasticity polyurethane foam, which severely limits the durability and support of the mattress. Our pillow top features durable 100% natural Talalay latex cushioning that wears well over time and independently from your mattress.
Our pillow tops are independent of the mattress. This allows the topper to be added to your mattress after purchase should you want additional softness and pressure relief. It can be removed if you want to change the feel and since the Talalay latex cushioning wears independently of your mattress, it can be replaced separately at any time.
Pillow Top Details
- Layers from top to bottom:
- 100% Organic Cotton outer fabric
- 100% Plein-Air French wool quilted to the inside of the outer fabric
- Plein-Air - These sheep live outdoors year-round
- Produces a more curly, longer fibre
- Superior to mechanically crimped wool, does not pack down as easily
- 1 ¼" of Super Soft 100% Natural Talalay latex or 2" of Soft 100% Natural Talalay latex
- Zippered, removable outer cover (non-washable)
- Free of harmful chemicals - no flame retardant, formaldehyde or PBDE's
- 10 year, non-prorated warranty
- Made in California, USA
Why and when to add a topper
A high-quality topper is a perfect addition to an existing mattress that is in good condition and still provides adequate support. Toppers are designed to enhance comfort and pressure relief.
Toppers are also commonly added to a brand new mattress. A luxury mattress topper crafted from natural materials can improve even the very best mattresses. Adding a topper to a new mattress will also extend the life of the mattress, as the topper will take a good portion of the wear and tear.
It is important to remember that a topper will not improve the support of a worn-out mattress, nor will it eliminate sagging issues. In fact, placing a topper on a sagging mattress is not something we recommend - you'll just make the sagging that much more noticeable. If you find yourself in this situation it is best to consider a new mattress.
Berkeley Ergonomics Certificates
- Radium Vita Talalay latex (the type of latex found in all Berkeley Ergonomics mattresses and pillows) is Cradle to Cradle Gold Certified
- C2C certification is a review of the following areas:
- Material Health (Knowing the chemical ingredients of every material in a product, and optimizing towards safer materials - identify material as organic or synthetic)
- Material Re-utilization (Designing products made with materials that come from and can safely return to nature or industry)
- Renewable Energy & Carbon Management (Envisioning a future in which all manufacturing is powered by 100% clean renewable energy)
- Water Stewardship (Manage clean water as a precious resource and an essential human right)
- Social Fairness (Design operations to honour all people and natural systems affected by the creation, use, disposal or reuse of a product)
- More Information
- C2C Certificate Link
- Latex (ECO Institut)
- Latex (Rainforest Alliance)
- Green energy (wind)
- Organic Cotton Stretch Knit - Medizinisch Getestet certificate - The fabric for Berkeley mattresses and mattress protectors is made from Organic Cotton Stretch and is certified by Medizinisch Getestet Schadstoffgepruft. Medically tested for toxins.
- Organic Cotton Stretch Knit - Naturtextil Certification - The raw organic cotton used for the cotton knit in Berkeley mattress covers and protectors is long staple and Mattes and Ammann are Berkeley's exclusive supplier. "Naturtextil BEST" certification means it is a holistic standard. It values environmental and social criteria along the entire textile production chain.
- Wool (GOTS)
- All textile components are Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 certified
- Cotton knit: 93.0.3463
- French Wool: 95.0.2251
- Backing materials: 94.0.7467
- Vita Talalay latex: 30007 - Class I, safe for babies (most competing Talalay is Class II or IV)
- Polypropylene spring fabric(s): 64930, 10.0.77270 & 10.0.81778
- Belgian visco (Eucavisco® is used in our London & Monaco mattress models only): 0110048
- CertiPUR-US (Eucavisco® is used in our London & Monaco mattress models only)
- Wood (boxsprings/slat systems) - All wood is sourced from FSC certified sources in Canada and Germany
Estimated Delivery, Shipping Costs & Availability
Varieties Which Are Typically In-Stock
The Natural Latex Pillow Top is typically stocked in 2" Queen & King. Please see the lead times below for situations when the Natural Latex Pillow Top is sold out or for all other sizes.
Lead Times for Out-of-Stock & Special Orders
Berkeley Ergonomics products which are sold out or not regularly stocked typically arrive to our Alberta warehouses within 3-4 weeks of your order placement. Please Send Us a Message should your needs be time sensitive.
Delivery Costs & Available Services
In-home delivery and setup of your new Berkeley Ergonomics mattress is included at no extra cost in the Calgary and Edmonton areas. In addition, our professional delivery teams are able to travel to most locations in Alberta for a reasonable cost.
Removal of your existing mattress, bed frame and furniture is also available upon request.
Located elsewhere in Canada? The cost of shipping Berkeley Ergonomics mattresses sent via truck freight starts at $125.
Courier-eligible bedding and pillow orders qualify for free shipping to most locations across Canada on orders of $100 or more.
General Availability Advice
The Mattress & Sleep Company is a family owned and operated Canadian retailer. We specialize in high-quality bedding, bath and mattresses from Canada, Europe and the USA. Our vast selection makes it impossible to stock everything. For this reason, our website does not offer real-time inventory availability as many of our products are made to order.
Please read the availability details above as we do make an effort to draw attention to products which are typically in stock in our Calgary, Edmonton and Sherwood Park stores and warehouses.