(On Display & Popular Sizes Stocked in Calgary & Edmonton) or
Buy Securely Online (Delivery available to most locations across Canada)
(All Cairo Firmness Choices)
The most luxurious model in the Berkeley Ergonomics pocket coil collection, the Cairo PF offers a weightless sleep experience. This is achieved by combining intelligent components, including 4,649 queen pocket coils (6,094 coils in a king mattress), with layers of French sheep's wool, camel hair, 100% natural Talalay latex and of course the unique European suspension foundation.
The Cairo PF's top layer of springs is made from a special titanium alloy wire. Titanium alloy springs are lighter and more responsive than standard steel springs, which results in higher performance. The ultra high spring count 'flows' with the body, hence the name "Posture-Flo."
The unique layering of the Cairo PF mattress allows us to keep the highly responsive pocket springs as close to the surface as possible. This delivers a tremendously unique combination of support and comfort. While we do not expressly believe in a 'one size fits all mattress' the Cairo PF is perhaps such a mattress.
Camel hair is quilted directly beneath the outer organic cotton stretch knit cover. Subjected to a climate which can be boiling hot during the day, and freezing cold at night, camel hair regulates temperature and humidity better than any other fibre while maintaining naturally fire resistant properties of wool.
To achieve the weightless feel in the Cairo PF mattress, Berkeley combines layer-upon-layer of hand crafted goodness, alternating between European pocket coils and Talalay latex. The result is pure luxury, and one of the most comfortable mattresses available today at any price point.
Finish off your Berkeley Ergonomics mattress with a Formesse Bella Donna fitted sheet. Made in Germany, these special fitted sheets are stretch-knit, and super breathable. They work in perfect harmony with the high performance elastic materials found in all BE mattresses.
- Layers from top to bottom:
- 100% Organic Cotton outer fabric
- 100% Camel Hair fibre quilted to inside of outer fabric
- 100% Plein-Air French wool quilted to inside of outer fabric, directly below the camel hair
- Plein-Air - These sheep live outdoors year-round
- Produces a more curly, longer fibre
- Superior to mechanically crimped wool, does not matte down as easily
- 1" European Posture Flo pocket coils utilizing titanium alloy wire
- 3/4" Soft 100% Natural Talalay latex
- Manufactured by Radium Foam BV in The Netherlands
- 2" European mini pocket coils
- 1" Soft 100% Natural Talalay latex
- Manufactured by Radium Foam BV in The Netherlands
- European honeycomb nested base coil
- Coil Counts:
- 4,649 Queen Size
- 6,094 King Size
- All three pocket coil elements are wrapped in polypropylene; a high performance, durable, breathable, moisture-wicking, non-toxic fabric with full Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 certification
- Zippered, removable outer cover
- Zero synthetic flame retardants
- Vegan version available upon request (replaces camel hair & sheep's wool with linen fibres)
- 100% adjustable-bed compatible
- Made in California, USA
|Cairo PF Mattress Height||11"||28 cm|
|Standard Foundation Heights||2 ½" 1 | 4" | 7" | 8 ½" 2||6 1 | 10 | 18 | 21.5 cm 2|
|Suspension Foundation Heights||2 ⅜" 1 | 4" | 6 ½" | 8 ½" 2||6 1 | 10 | 16.5 | 21.5 cm 2|
1 - 6 cm ultra low profile slat options are designed for platform style beds which do not normally accommodate a standard box spring or foundation.
2 - 8 ½" / 21.5 cm foundations may incur a surcharge. Call 1-877-750-1212 or visit for more details.
If ordering online, rest assured The Mattress & Sleep Co. will follow up with you to select your foundation height.
Estimated Delivery, Shipping Costs & Availability
Queen and King size normally stocked in Calgary & Edmonton. For other sizes or when sold out, please allow approximately 3-5 weeks for delivery. Full in-home placement and setup are complimentary in the Calgary and Edmonton areas.
For orders outside of the Calgary and Edmonton areas, Cairo incurs a truck freight shipping fee of $125. Truck freight delivery is to your curb. If you require in-home placement, please inquire with us prior to ordering.
About Vita Talalay
Berkeley Ergonomics feature Vita Talalay, made by Radium Foam BV in The Netherlands. This pair of videos demonstrate the superiority of Vita Talalay compared to other foam types, including other latex varieties.
Berkeley Ergonomics Certificates
- Radium Vita Talalay latex (the type of latex found in all Berkeley Ergonomics mattresses and pillows) is Cradle to Cradle Gold Certified
- C2C certification is a review of the following areas:
- Material Health (Knowing the chemical ingredients of every material in a product, and optimizing towards safer materials - identify material as organic or synthetic)
- Material Re-utilization (Designing products made with materials that come from and can safely return to nature or industry)
- Renewable Energy & Carbon Management (Envisioning a future in which all manufacturing is powered by 100% clean renewable energy)
- Water Stewardship (Manage clean water as a precious resource and an essential human right)
- Social Fairness (Design operations to honour all people and natural systems affected by the creation, use, disposal or reuse of a product)
- More Information
- Certificate Link
- Latex (ECO Institut)
- Latex (Rainforest Alliance)
- All textile components are Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 certified
- Cotton knit: 93.0.3463
- French Wool: 95.0.2251
- Backing materials: 94.0.7467
- Vita Talalay latex: 30007 - Class I, safe for babies (most competing Talalay is Class II or IV)
- Polypropylene spring fabric(s): 64930, 10.0.77270 & 10.0.81778
- Belgian visco (Eucavisco® is used in our London & Monaco mattress models only): 0110048
- CertiPUR-US (Eucavisco® is used in our London & Monaco mattress models only)
We recommend a sturdy, well-ventilated slat foundation for all mattresses. Berkeley Ergonomics offer three choices. The highest performing foundation is the Berkeley Ergonomics suspension foundation.
Suspension foundations are superior to rigid bases as they absorb energy, reducing pressure points while also providing for greatly improved ergonomic alignment and support. They'll even extend the life of your mattress.
Berkeley also offer a 2 ⅜" slat frame which will fit in most platform beds, allowing you to benefit from the suspension slats and their enhanced ergonomics when a platform bed would not normally fit a box spring.
All Berkeley Ergonomics mattresses are 100% compatible with electric adjustable beds.
All wood used in these three foundations comes from sustainable PEFC and FSC certified sources in Canada and Germany.
We Recommend Formesse Fitted Sheets
The highest performing fitted sheet for your Berkeley Ergonomics mattress is a Formesse Bella Donna fitted sheet. Your BE mattress features a knit organic cotton fabric outer covering, which is very stretchy and elastic. Typical sheets are woven (ie: sateen or percale), which can result in excess surface tension. Formesse sheets, Made in Germany, are different. They are stretch-knit, just like the Berkeley mattress fabric. This combination results in the most elastic, highest performing sleep surface possible today.
Knit fabrics are also more breathable than woven fabrics, which results in better temperature and humidity regulation.