Availability: Online Only or Special Order In Store
Buy Securely Online
Our Stockholm mattress is crafted from entirely European components in a simple, affordable package. With 100% Plein-Air sheep's wool from France, Talalay latex and an excellent pocket coil system, you have all of the ingredients for healthy sleep.
The pocket coil system selected for this mattress will support your weight while yielding to fit your body. This creates a mattress with a pliable medium-firm feel.
Finish off your Berkeley Ergonomics mattress with a Formesse Bella Donna fitted sheet. Made in Germany, these special fitted sheets are stretch-knit, and super breathable. They work in perfect harmony with the high performance elastic materials found in all BE mattresses.
- Layers from top to bottom:
- 100% Organic Cotton outer fabric
- 100% Plein-Air French wool quilted to inside of outer fabric
- Plein-Air - These sheep live outdoors year-round
- Produces a more curly, longer fibre
- Superior to mechanically crimped wool, does not matte down as easily
- 1" 100% Natural Talalay latex
- Manufactured by Radium Foam BV in The Netherlands
- German parallel pocket coils - steel, wrapped in polypropylene; a high performance, durable, breathable, moisture-wicking, non-toxic fabric
- Coil Counts:
- 775 Queen Size
- 1,076 King Size
- Non-removable outer cover
- Zero synthetic flame retardants
- Vegan version available upon request (replaces wool with linen fibres)
- 100% adjustable-bed compatible
- Made in California, USA
|Stockholm Mattress Height||8"||20 cm|
|Standard Foundation Heights||2 ½" 1 | 4" | 7" | 8 ½" 2||6 1 | 10 | 18 | 21.5 cm 2|
|Suspension Foundation Heights||2 ⅜" 1 | 4" | 6 ½" | 8 ½" 2||6 1 | 10 | 16.5 | 21.5 cm 2|
1 - 6 cm ultra low profile slat options are designed for platform style beds which do not normally accommodate a standard box spring or foundation.
2 - 8 ½" / 21.5 cm foundations may incur a surcharge. Call 1-877-750-1212 or visit for more details.
If ordering online, rest assured The Mattress & Sleep Co. will follow up with you to select your foundation height.
Estimated Delivery, Shipping Costs & Availability
Stockholm is not regularly stocked. Please allow approximately 3-5 weeks for delivery. Full in-home placement and setup are complimentary in the Calgary and Edmonton areas.
For orders outside of the Calgary and Edmonton areas, Stockholm incurs a truck freight shipping fee of $125. Truck freight delivery is to your curb. If you require in-home placement, please inquire with us prior to ordering.
Berkeley Ergonomics Certificates
- Radium Vita Talalay latex (the type of latex found in all Berkeley Ergonomics mattresses and pillows) is Cradle to Cradle Gold Certified
- C2C certification is a review of the following areas:
- Material Health (Knowing the chemical ingredients of every material in a product, and optimizing towards safer materials - identify material as organic or synthetic)
- Material Re-utilization (Designing products made with materials that come from and can safely return to nature or industry)
- Renewable Energy & Carbon Management (Envisioning a future in which all manufacturing is powered by 100% clean renewable energy)
- Water Stewardship (Manage clean water as a precious resource and an essential human right)
- Social Fairness (Design operations to honour all people and natural systems affected by the creation, use, disposal or reuse of a product)
- More Information
- Certificate Link
- Latex (ECO Institut)
- Latex (Rainforest Alliance)
- All textile components are Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 certified
- Cotton knit: 93.0.3463
- French Wool: 95.0.2251
- Backing materials: 94.0.7467
- Vita Talalay latex: 30007 - Class I, safe for babies (most competing Talalay is Class II or IV)
- Polypropylene spring fabric(s): 64930, 10.0.77270 & 10.0.81778
- Belgian visco (Eucavisco® is used in our London & Monaco mattress models only): 0110048
- CertiPUR-US (Eucavisco® is used in our London & Monaco mattress models only)
We recommend a sturdy, well-ventilated slat foundation for all mattresses. Berkeley Ergonomics offer three choices. The highest performing foundation is the Berkeley Ergonomics suspension foundation.
Suspension foundations are superior to rigid bases as they absorb energy, reducing pressure points while also providing for greatly improved ergonomic alignment and support. They'll even extend the life of your mattress.
Berkeley also offer a 2 ⅜" slat frame which will fit in most platform beds, allowing you to benefit from the suspension slats and their enhanced ergonomics when a platform bed would not normally fit a box spring.
All Berkeley Ergonomics mattresses are 100% compatible with electric adjustable beds.
All wood used in these three foundations comes from sustainable PEFC and FSC certified sources in Canada and Germany.
About Vita Talalay
Berkeley Ergonomics feature Vita Talalay, made by Radium Foam BV in The Netherlands. This pair of videos demonstrate just how superior Vita Talalay is when compared to other foam types, including other latex varieties.
We Recommend Formesse Fitted Sheets
The highest performing fitted sheet for your Berkeley Ergonomics mattress is a Formesse Bella Donna fitted sheet. Your BE mattress features a knit organic cotton fabric outer covering, which is very stretchy and elastic. Typical sheets are woven (ie: sateen or percale), which can result in excess surface tension. Formesse sheets, Made in Germany, are different. They are stretch-knit, just like the Berkeley mattress fabric. This combination results in the most elastic, highest performing sleep surface possible today.
Knit fabrics are also more breathable than woven fabrics, which results in better temperature and humidity regulation.
Rotate the mattress once or twice per year. Always use a protective mattress cover made of breathable natural materials. Ensure the mattress is supported by an adequate foundation which is slatted and breathable. The matching Berkeley foundations are recommended!
The Sleep Sound Guarantee®
You can sleep soundly knowing that every product purchased from The Mattress & Sleep Company is brand new and has never been used or slept on. Mattresses, bedding and towels are personal use items and we believe you deserve to be assured these products are new.