(On Display & Popular Sizes Stocked in Calgary & Edmonton) or
Buy Securely Online (Delivery available to most locations across Canada)
This 100% natural Talalay latex mattress offers a choice of a medium or firm 7-zone support core, finished with a supple 2" soft latex top. Together these two layers create a uniquely quiet sensation with a highly elastic surface and gently lifts and supports you.
Four key advantages over the typical latex mattress:
- 100% Natural Latex which is Made in The Netherlands by Radium Foam BV, free of styrene-butadiene (synthetic latex) content.
- The 6" core is available in medium or firm, to provide individual comfort for each sleeping partner. (The 2" top is always soft for pressure relief).
- A certified organic cotton outer covering which is zippered and removable, allowing for easy transport and customized firmness for each half of the mattress.
- Pure Plein-Air French sheep's wool quilted to the outer cotton acts as a natural fire barrier without resorting to chemical treatments, in addition to providing optimum temperature and humidity regulation.
Each region of the natural latex core is specifically engineered to provide targeted ergonomics and pressure relief.
- Layers from top to bottom:
- 100% Organic Cotton outer fabric
- 100% Plein-Air French wool quilted to inside of outer fabric
- Plein-Air - These sheep live outdoors year-round
- Produces a more curly, longer fibre
- Superior to mechanically crimped wool, does not matte down as easily
- 2" 100% Natural Talalay latex topper
- Soft for buffering pressure points in hips and shoulders
- Manufactured by Radium Foam BV in The Netherlands
- 6" 100% Natural Talalay latex core
- 7-zoned for correct ergonomics and pressure relief
- Choice of Medium or Firm core
- Queen and King size available with a different firmness for each sleeping partner
- Manufactured by Radium Foam BV in The Netherlands
- Motion free gentle support
- Durable and consistent over time
- Free from synthetics and fillers
- Zippered, removable outer cover (non-washable)
- Individually replaceable components
- Zero synthetic flame retardants
- Made in California, USA
|Amsterdam Mattress Height||8 ½"||22 cm|
|Standard Foundation Heights||2 ½" 1 | 4" | 7" | 8 ½" 2||6 1 | 10 | 18 | 21.5 cm 2|
|Suspension Foundation Heights||2 ⅜" 1 | 4" | 6 ½" | 8 ½" 2||6 1 | 10 | 16.5 | 21.5 cm 2|
1 - 6 cm ultra low profile slat options are designed for platform style beds which do not normally accommodate a standard box spring or foundation.
2 - 8 ½" / 21.5 cm foundations may incur a surcharge. Call 1-877-750-1212 or visit for more details.
If ordering online, rest assured The Mattress & Sleep Co. will follow up with you to select your foundation height.
Looking for a custom size? Visit our Amsterdam custom size mattress page.
Estimated Delivery, Shipping Costs & Availability
Amsterdam is typically stocked in Queen and King (medium firmness) in Edmonton. When sold out or for other sizes please allow approximately 3-5 weeks for delivery. Full in-home placement and setup are complimentary in the Calgary and Edmonton areas.
For orders outside of the Calgary and Edmonton areas, Amsterdam incurs a truck-freight shipping fee of $125.
Berkeley Ergonomics Certificates
- Radium Vita Talalay latex (the type of latex found in all Berkeley Ergonomics mattresses and pillows) is Cradle to Cradle Gold Certified
- C2C certification is a review of the following areas:
- Material Health (Knowing the chemical ingredients of every material in a product, and optimizing towards safer materials - identify material as organic or synthetic)
- Material Re-utilization (Designing products made with materials that come from and can safely return to nature or industry)
- Renewable Energy & Carbon Management (Envisioning a future in which all manufacturing is powered by 100% clean renewable energy)
- Water Stewardship (Manage clean water as a precious resource and an essential human right)
- Social Fairness (Design operations to honour all people and natural systems affected by the creation, use, disposal or reuse of a product)
- More Information
- Certificate Link
- Latex (ECO Institut)
- Latex (Rainforest Alliance)
- All textile components are Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 certified
- Cotton knit: 93.0.3463
- French Wool: 95.0.2251
- Backing materials: 94.0.7467
- Vita Talalay latex: 30007 - Class I, safe for babies (most competing Talalay is Class II or IV)
- Polypropylene spring fabric(s): 64930, 10.0.77270 & 10.0.81778
We recommend a sturdy, well-ventilated slat foundation for all mattresses. Berkeley Ergonomics offer three choices. The best bases are active suspensions (such as the Berkeley Suspension, or Green Sleep and Vispring bases).
Suspension foundations are superior to rigid bases as they absorb energy, reducing pressure points while also providing for greatly improved ergonomic alignment and support.
Berkeley also offer a 2 ⅜" slat frame which will fit in most platform beds, allowing you to benefit from the suspension slats and their enhanced ergonomics when a platform bed would not normally fit a box spring.
For those looking to have an electric adjustable bed without sacrificing air circulation or support,
All wood used in these three foundations comes from sustainable PEFC and FSC certified sources in Canada and Germany.
About Vita Talalay
Berkeley Ergonomics feature Vita Talalay, made by Radium Foam BV in The Netherlands. This pair of videos demonstrate just how superior Vita Talalay is when compared to other foam types, including other latex varieties.
Rotate the mattress once or twice per year. Always use a protective mattress cover made of breathable natural materials. Ensure the mattress is supported by an adequate foundation which is slatted and breathable. The matching Berkeley foundations are recommended!
The Sleep Sound Guarantee®
You can sleep soundly knowing that every product purchased from The Mattress & Sleep Company is brand new and has never been used or slept on. Mattresses, bedding and towels are personal use items and we believe you deserve to be assured these products are new.